Mpeg Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpeg Capture

anyone know if there is a newer version of mpeg capture? mine is 4.02 and is outdated, RT buffer limit of 96 and no ac3 audio and it fails to set a 16:9 flag
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

I checked the README.txt and it's 4.02, same as yours.

tuyle

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    anyone know if there is a newer version of mpeg capture? mine is 4.02 and is outdated, RT buffer limit of 96 and no ac3 audio and it fails to set a 16:9 flag
    Asus P5WDH Deluxe w/E6600 - 4GB Corsair - 8800GTS - 1TB & 1.5TB (2x750GB RAID 0) - Antec P180 + Trio 650W - XP Pro w/sp3 - NX PCIe w/Expansion Card - Edius 5.51
    Asus P6T i7 920 @3.6 - 12GB Corsair Dominator - GTX275 - 1.5TB & 3TB (2x1.5TB RAID 0) for Video - Antec P183 + Corsair HX-750W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 - Firecoder Blu - PC3.05.91 - BDR-203 - TMW5 & TAW5
    Asus P6T i7 930 - 12GB Corsair - GTX260 - 1TB & 1TB WD Black for Video - Antec P183 + TPQ-850W - Win7 - Edius 6.07 w/HD Spark - BDR-205

Comment

As a matter of fact, there is! It's on the new 4.5 DVD-ROM media being shipped. I'll archive it up and put it in the downloads section.

This is an excerpt from the readme:

-------------------------------------
      Version 4.02 Release: 09/01/2006
      - Fixed issue with captured MPEG files (invalid data was added at end).

Version 4.03 Release: 12/01/2006
      - Fixed to detect the aspect ratio when the input source is DV.
      - Fixed the setting dialog audio page to show the current setting correctly.

Version 4.04 Release: 02/14/2007
      - Supported DVX-E1.

Version 4.05 Release: 06/01/2007
      - Fixed issue when using DVX-E1 with PAL mode (the application did not work correctly).

Comment

Good man Kenneally, you may not be Tech Support, but boy can you Tech Support!!

Comment

Kenneally, what section are you going to put it? I looked in the E 4 Utility section and it still has 4.02

Comment

That's because I only just put it up right now - it's there.

Comment

What’s the purpose of the CMTSWriter.exe in the MPEGCapture directory?
              It is old file (ver. 4.04.001), we already have newer (ver. 4.50.0.8) in the EDIUS 4 folder.
              Rob

Comment

I'm not sure, but I would hazard a guess that the HDV tape output module in the MPEGcapture package is older than 4.5?

(remember - it's the Canopus MPEG Transport Stream Writer)

Given the package was compiled in June, and 4.51c early August, this would make sense.

Comment

I have just downloaded ver:4.05 and I have installed it, but when I check in the Mpeg capture info panel it tells me it is ver:3.61.000.

Any idea why?

Comment

mine tells me it is 4.00.00 which seems incorrect, then again it maybe? I was expecting it to say 4.05
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Maybe KH would know

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                        mine tells me it is 4.00.00 which seems incorrect, then again it maybe? I was expecting it to say 4.05
                        There were only 3 files that got updated in this setup:
                        1. Readme.txt
                        2. CMTSWriter.exe from version 4.02.001 to 4.04.001
                        3. mdccts.dll in PlugIn folder from version 4.02.000 to 4.05.003

So I’m thinking that the dll is where most of the work is done and the exe is the interface only.
                        Rob

Comment

You beat me to it - that's your update there.

Some of the peripheral apps tend to not have their proper version numbers reported - DVCapture is another example.

Comment

Working...
                          X