No announcement yet.

Playback is a bit choppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you go to accessories, system tools, system information and then go to Components, Problem devices, are there any listed?

also, is the extra power connector or connectors plugged in to the graphics card? most don't get enough from the mobo, that's why the extra connectors
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

There doesn't seem to be a problem with the power connectors.
      Yesterday, at the end of the day, I was able to see smooth playback, just like it should be. Then it was over, again. Playback is again choppy.

As I said, I'm able to see the footage without any kind of delay in an external TV via HDMI. There seems to be no explanation for this.

3,07 gigahertz Intel Core i7 950
      64 kilobyte primary memory cache
      256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
      8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
      64-bit ready
      Multi-core (4 total)
      Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE V2 Rev 1.xx
      Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

if it is ok on the external monitor, then bet the problem is the graphics card or driver, or some PCIe card sharing the graphics card PCIe slot, or graphics card in the wrong slot
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by Dockelektro View Post
          There doesn't seem to be a problem with the power connectors.
          Yesterday, at the end of the day, I was able to see smooth playback, just like it should be. Then it was over, again. Playback is again choppy.

As I said, I'm able to see the footage without any kind of delay in an external TV via HDMI. There seems to be no explanation for this.
          I'm having a similar problem with a new build (from a company) and didn't want to have to crack the case open to check if anything was faulty or wrongly installed also. Exactly the same issues as you have.

Comment

Originally posted by swissrebel View Post
            I'm having a similar problem with a new build (from a company) and didn't want to have to crack the case open to check if anything was faulty or wrongly installed also. Exactly the same issues as you have.
            I am not alone in this world! Hooray!
            At least you didn't have a blue screen like I did last week, I hope ;)

64-bit ready
            Multi-core (4 total)
            Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

I think the culprit is the video card.....I never had it before till I had to change my video card.....it is a bit choppy at start, but it clears up after a few seconds, or would play smooth if I use the 'shift + space bar'...and sometimes, with a few filters, it takes a minute or more to clear up, and this can be annoying if you have a client sitting next to you, worse if that person has editing abilities....gets me uneasy, as I like to brag about my realtime performance in Edius.....and you are using the same ATI card as I am using....trying to find the correct settings that would work best.......but time is against me right now.

Update: I just did the memory profile thing, and it worked much better...then I updated Quicktime, and improvement....I also found out I need more ram
              Last edited by Alade; 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

And in the end, there seems to be no solution to this. Even today the same project that ran fluidly is now completely jittery. I really don't know what's going on.

64-bit ready
                Multi-core (4 total)
                Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Can you try copying the project to another hard drive and see if performance is different?

Comment

Originally posted by Dockelektro View Post
                    And in the end, there seems to be no solution to this. Even today the same project that ran fluidly is now completely jittery. I really don't know what's going on.
                    You are not alone. I have the same exactly your problem and nothing I can do after try many way to fix.

Landon.
                    Intel i7 3970X Six Core 3.5GHz - Window 7 64 bit - 32GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram - Nvidia GTX-680 2GB GDDR5 - Storm 3G - Edius 6.52.

Comment

This is an X58 system you are running.
                      Your settings:
                      Here are the performance test results:

Overall: 4,9
                      Processor: 7,5
                      Ram: 7,5
                      Graphics: 4,9
                      Game graphics: 6,4
                      Main Harddrive: 5,4

Is this too low?

Here are my X58 System Scores:
                      Windows Score.png

This is my Core 2 Quad Machine which in all aspects, should be walked on by your machine:
                      Core 2 Quad Machine.png

So, you decide if your machine is too slow. I would say you are lacking in GPU power and OS drive speed.
                      These tests are just an indicator of each subsystem tested performance. They are not exact, but a halfway decent barometer.
                      My system specs are in my signature.

As far as your jerky performance, I would say, as Anton already said, replace your video card with an Nvidia, also get an SSD for your system drive.
                      If your video drive is over 50%, it is loosing speed. That is the nature of mechanical drives. If it is going bad, replace it with a newer, non-green unit.
                      These are slower speed drives. If you are using an external, make it esata or USB 3.0...preferably, esata.

If your output to your external monitor is smooth, all of the time, then I would say it is your video card. If you are getting jerky playback, from time to time on the external, it could be your video card and
                      your video drive. A video editing system is the sum of it's parts and the weakest part will kill the machine overall.
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com
                      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Well, you may be right, I may have a performance problem, the Graphics score reads 4,9. What I don't understand is why we bought the whole computer to do exactly this and even the people at the store don't know what's going on. I'd say the blame is on them.

64-bit ready
                        Multi-core (4 total)
                        Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Most regular computer stores that build computer don't
                          know the in and out's of building an editing system.
                          That is where a system integrator comes in.
                          It is more than just putting parts into a
                          box and installing windows.
                          Jerry
                          Six Gill DV
                          www.sgdvtutorials.com
                          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Working...
                          X