X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Hi Martin

either way is fine with me, as long as it works the same in timeline as in recorder window

at the moment, it does not and that is a pain

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    it can be logical if it matches the mouse wheel scroll on recorder window timecode

when you scroll the timecode by turning wheel away from you, you will see that the opposite happens, the timeline cursor moves forward in play direction

It's actually still logical to me. When you scroll up (push wheel away from you) when positioned in the timecode, then the code goes up.

Maybe I'm just used to it that way.

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    to me, pushing scroll wheel forward should move timeline cursor foward, this would be logical to me just as it was to the designers when they made it possible to scroll the timecode in preview window with the mouse wheel

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    replied
    it can be logical if it matches the mouse wheel scroll on recorder window timecode

when you scroll the timecode by turning wheel away from you, you will see that the opposite happens, the timeline cursor moves forward in play direction
    Agreed...the recorder and player window timecode is acting correctly when using the roller. Try this test with a friend or another editor. I call it "Roller Roullette". Tell them to move the cursor down the timeline in Edius...with just one click of the roller. Which way would they roll? Remember...just one click on the timeline not the timecode window. The 8 editors in my office in San Francisco pushed forward....and lost. Come to think of it we are a little "different" in SF. Maybe not a good example.

smiles,

jim

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by june
    Correct!I think so!
    Well. What can I say! I'm glad I deal with the end result!
    could you explain what all this means?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin_Gleeson View Post
    When I scroll the mouse wheel down (that is, pull it towards myself), the timeline cursor moves forward on the timeline. When I roll up (push away from myself) it rolls back.

Is this what you are describing? Seems logical to me!

Leave a comment:

• Rusty
    replied
    I had the same problem switching between CAD programs. After 5 min. of complaining I forgot the issue.

Rusty

Leave a comment:

• Martin_Gleeson
    replied
    When I scroll the mouse wheel down (that is, pull it towards myself), the timeline cursor moves forward on the timeline. When I roll up (push away from myself) it rolls back.

Is this what you are describing? Seems logical to me!

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    down the timeline? hmmm? so, rolling wheel down then?

I will try an get it fixed by Thursday, among 20 other things :-)

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    replied
    I have requested this to be fixed one way or the other, as long as both methods do the same thing to avoid confusion
    Good...I'm not crazy. Thanks Anton. I vote for "rolling mouse foward" moves cursor down the timeline. Can we get this implemented by Friday?

jim

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I have requested this to be fixed one way or the other, as long as both methods do the same thing to avoid confusion

Leave a comment:

• JimJulian
    started a topic Mouse Roller Problem

Mouse Roller Problem

Ok, this one is minor in the grand scheme of things.
    When I roll the mouse roller forward the timeline cursor goes backwards. Roll back and the cursor goes forward. Any ideas how to fix? When using the roller on the actual timecode numbers under the player the backwards/forward logic works perfectly.
    My guess is that the programmer thought the cursor should move towards the beginning of the timeline when rolling forward.
    Am I crazy?

Thanks,

jim
Working...
X