Edius Slow response to mouse clicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius Slow response to mouse clicks

One of the changes in Edius 6 that has been mentioned in the past and complained about (myself included) is that in order to do something on a track, say insert a dissolve between two clips, you must select the track itself and it's not enough to just click on one of the clips. Until this day, I still find it very annoying and difficult to get used to, having to do that mouse move to the beginning of the track, select it, and move the mouse back to the clip to continue working. I do this hundreds of times a day.

But this thread is not about that. My problem is the slow response time of Edius 6 to the track selections and I will explain:

Say I have a few video and audio tracks stacked on top of each other and I make a cut on all of them in one spot (SHFT-C) and need a dissolve on all of the tracks - video and audio. (All tracks are unlinked). And I do not want all the tracks to be selected. (It's not a multicam edit). I also tried selecting all clips (double clicking a track and SHFT clicking) but it won't place a dissolve on all the clips).

What I need to do is place my CTI on the cut, select the first video track and click ALT-1, then click the second track to select it and click ALT-1, and do the same for all the video and audio tracks.

I am very fast with my hands and can do 6 tracks like this in about 3 seconds. Problem is that Edius is not so fast and doesn't recognize some clicks of the mouse so the track selection won't change sometimes and it will miss some transitions. (Some of the tracks that I click on in those 3 seconds won't get selected - and yes, I click hard enough that they SHOULD get selected). Making me have to go back to those and reselect to do the transition.

You can try it out by quickly selecting track 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.... up and down and see that Edius will miss some clicks.

I hope I explained myself well. If not, I can make a video, showing the problem.

Thanks.
    Last edited by zvit; 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM.
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Originally posted by zvit View Post
    One of the changes in Edius 6 that has been mentioned in the past and complained about (myself included) is that in order to do something on a track, say insert a dissolve between two clips, you must select the track itself and it's not enough to just click on one of the clips. Until this day, I still find it very annoying and difficult to get used to, having to do that mouse move to the beginning of the track, select it, and move the mouse back to the clip to continue working. I do this hundreds of times a day.
    You don't have to select the track first to apply a transition.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 10-01-2011, 04:01 PM.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

zvit,
      I've noticed this same problem. I know I've clicked those huge track headers (more than once) and the track still doesn't select.

Unfortunately, it's not repeatable.
      Rusty Rogers | Films
      >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
      >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
      Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Thanks Steve. I was surprised to see your videos. When I had asked about this in the past, I was answered by the staff that this is the way it works now with Edius 6. It must have been 6.00 I think. Maybe this was fixed since then and I just didn't know about it. This will save me lots of time!

Another thing I just discovered.... You don't even have to move your CTI to the place you want a dissolve! You can just click on any clip on any track and do ALT-1.... and the dissolve will apply to that clip! This is really great.

The selecting track issue still needs to be addressed though, like Rusty also said, sometimes (many times) you click on the track and it doesn't select.
        Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

We have been improving some things since EDIUS 6.
          Sometimes little things get lost for documentation. :)

I will try to look at the selecting tracks next week.
          Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 10-01-2011, 08:24 PM.
          Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
          EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks Steve,
            My missed clicks see to only happen when I'm moving really quickly.
            Rusty Rogers | Films
            >TYAN S7025 - 32GB RAM, 2 x Xeon X5690's, 4 x 10k video HD's, Win10 x64, BM DecklinkHD, nVidia TITAN, 12TB DroboPro w/iSCISI connection
            >RAZER BLADE - QHD+ - 16GB RAM, i7-6700HQ Quad, 512GB SSD, Win10 x64, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

An inglorious peace is better than a dishonorable war.
            Twain - "Glances at History" 1906

Comment

Working...
            X