Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Relinking missing files - strange behavior

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Relinking missing files - strange behavior

    Hi forum!
    Something very strange is going on with the reconnection of my picture files in the E6.03 timeline.
    They are connected with picturefiles in the wrong folder. If I reconnect them with the pictures in the correct folder then all other pictures in every other sequence of my project will also link to the same files. So, all pictures on all sequences are now exact the same pics like those I have relinked in sequence one.
    In every sequence the Powerpoint pics follow the same name order (Slide1, Slide2, Slide3, etc....)

    But wait - It still gets stranger. After several attempts to reconnect without success, I tried with a project backup file (.ezp). But now if I try to reconnect with the original pic-files (no matter what sequence and folder) Edius will not accept the missing files. The "open" button is greyed out.
    Canyou follow me ;))

    Any suggestion?
    Last edited by nictau; 09-23-2011, 09:08 PM.
    Nicola
    defacto.media
    www.defacto.media
    __________________

    Win10 SSD || Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ || Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 / NVIDIA Quadro M2000M || 64 GB RAM || Edius 10 WG

  • #2
    There are wired issues with re-linking files in Eidus. I gave up.
    EDL also does not work very well. I tried to do some subtitles using EDL and stills, but it's hopeless in Edius. Premiere, FCP works well in this case.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Andrzej View Post
      EDL also does not work very well. I tried to do some subtitles using EDL and stills, but it's hopeless in Edius. Premiere, FCP works well in this case.
      I agree totally :(
      CMX3600 type EDL plus still files exported from a subtitler software, and nothing happens when imported into Edius.
      Dell T1650, 8GB ram, SSD, Win 7, Edius 6.08+HDSpark, Vistitle

      Comment


      • #4
        two questions:
        Are the pictures named in the same condition in each folder?
        Are the pictures using the same file size & type in each folder?
        Andreas Gumm
        post production / authoring
        PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
        ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
        Windows 7 Ultimate,
        GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
        GV hardware: 3G Storm
        software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
        PC 2
        Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
        Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
        GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
        GV hardware: HD SPARK
        software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by HamonSerrano View Post
          I agree totally :(
          CMX3600 type EDL plus still files exported from a subtitler software, and nothing happens when imported into Edius.
          I managed to import, but can't batch re-link- it's hopeless. FCP XML also does not work. I'm not really happy for Edius EDL, XML support.

          Andrew

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
            two questions:
            Are the pictures named in the same condition in each folder?
            Are the pictures using the same file size & type in each folder?
            Hi (hallo) Andreas.
            Question #1: What do you mean with "condition"?
            Question #2: Filesize: No! --- Filetype: Yes! (jpg)

            I have no idea what is going on. I just changed the storage place of my files on a different harddrive.
            Nicola
            defacto.media
            www.defacto.media
            __________________

            Win10 SSD || Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ || Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 / NVIDIA Quadro M2000M || 64 GB RAM || Edius 10 WG

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by nictau View Post
              Hi (hallo) Andreas.
              Question #1: What do you mean with "condition"?
              Question #2: Filesize: No! --- Filetype: Yes! (jpg)

              I have no idea what is going on. I just changed the storage place of my files on a different harddrive.
              With "condition" I meant are the file names identical in both folders?
              Or I should better ask if the files in one folder are an identical copy of the files in the other folder?
              And have you changed the aspect ratio &/or color range of the images manually before you re-linked to the new folder?
              Andreas Gumm
              post production / authoring
              PC 1Intel Core i7-970 (6 x 3.20 GHz),
              ASUS P6T Deluxe V2, 12 GB RAM, Geforce 9800GT
              Windows 7 Ultimate,
              GV software: EDIUS 7.42, VisTitle v2.5,
              GV hardware: 3G Storm
              software SONY DoStudio Indie + EX 4.0.11
              PC 2
              Intel Core i7-3770, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD5H F14, 16GB RAM,
              Geforce 650 GTX, 5x HDD, Windows 7,
              GV software: EDIUS 7.42, ProCoder 3.0
              GV hardware: HD SPARK
              software: Telestream Switch, DTS-HD MAS, Dolby Media Meter

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Andreas_Gumm View Post
                With "condition" I meant are the file names identical in both folders?
                Or I should better ask if the files in one folder are an identical copy of the files in the other folder?
                And have you changed the aspect ratio &/or color range of the images manually before you re-linked to the new folder?
                Hi Andreas,

                Thank you for advise. I gave up on this because it took me too much time.
                Maybe in the near future I will understand what happened.
                For now I decided to relink all the pics manually one by one, made a HQ file and drew it back to the timeline.
                For now it will help me to reach my goal.
                Thanks again.
                Nicola
                defacto.media
                www.defacto.media
                __________________

                Win10 SSD || Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ || Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 / NVIDIA Quadro M2000M || 64 GB RAM || Edius 10 WG

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi forum.

                  Edius unfortunately with these things it doesn't work well.
                  Also the batch capture from tape results unstable.
                  The time code of the tape it doesn't coincide with the time code of the clip captured.
                  This is an enormous trouble for the one who has to regenerate a project with batch capture from tape.
                  The problem of edius is that he doesn't succeed in communicating with the developers and this is really frustanting.
                  There are so many so many small things that a developer could put to place in little time but.... who knows because they don't do it.

                  Edius could become really a great software of editing video but.... they don't put to place fundamental things.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X