• Show
Clear All

• Overcranking question

I shot a video in 720p at 60fps.

I created a new project with the following settings:
    720p 24 fps

I import my clip to the bin.
    Put it in the timeline.

I run it in the timeline... it shows realtime speed.

I right click the clip on the timeline and click properties. It shows 60fps.
    I change the framerate to 24fps in the properties window that popped out when I right clicked to get properties.

I rerun the clip and its still runs at realtime speed!

How do I make this clip slow down?

I tried looking at the manual and tried to search for "crank" with no success.
    I also googled... all I get is "you need to set your timeline to 24fps"... Argh....

Hi Mate

Its better to select the clip in the bin and change the framerate there via the clips properties before dragging it to the timeline. Or in Edius 6x you can create a subclip via trimming of the part you want to slow down in the player window and adding it to the bin then again changing the framerate of the subclip via the subclips properties before dragging to the timeline.... this method will allow you to create subclips at various framerates for use in the same timeline and retain the original clips framerate.

One thing... you should have recieved a popup dialog window warning you that you were about to change the framerate of a clip on the timeline...if this did not popup then you may need to change your user settings --> source --> automatic correction --> adjust framerate when loading clip.. and remove the checkmark.

If you need to change the framrate back to the original then again do it in the bin as on the timeline it does not always take.

HTH
    Dave.
    Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
    www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Thanks a lot! I'll try that! I was pounding my head on that for a while.

There was a warning about changing the framerate of the clip in the timeline.

Comment

I was able to change framerates in the bin and in the player window as well! Worked like a charm!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X