export still image to desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export still image to desktop

Does anyone know how to create a still image off the footage on the timeline and transfer it as a Jpeg to the desktop for use on an email ?

I'm using Edius 6.03

Thanks
    Pete

2 ways, you can put the cursor over the clip you want to get the image and hit CRTL>T, another is set IN/OUT point and under export (F11) there is an option to export to still
    Paranova Films
    Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

FYI you do not need an In or Out point for the F11 export mentioned. Whatever frame you have the cursor over will be exported.
      1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

still image to desktop

I have managed to create a still image but that is only in the bin, how then do you transfer to the desktop or anywhere else for that matter ?

I need to use it in Photoshop

Comment

Right-click the file in the Bin > choose Explorer from the dropdown menu... copy the file in Explorer and paste to where-ever you want.
          EDIUS WG 10.32.8648 VisTitle 2.960 Windows 10 Pro 21H1
          Asus ROG Strix X570F AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz 32GB DDR4 3600MHz RTX 2060 Super 8GB
          NVMe SSD 500GB system drive NVMe SSD 2TB work drive 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage
          DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K into JVC DT-V24L1

Comment

Originally posted by peteavs View Post
            I have managed to create a still image but that is only in the bin, how then do you transfer to the desktop or anywhere else for that matter ?

I need to use it in Photoshop
            if you need the file in Photoshop, then you would not want to save as compressed jpg to begin with

tga or bmp is what I would preset the still capture

you can open the still with Photoshop by opening it from EDIUS project folder, that is where it will be
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Right click on the still image in the bin and choose explorer and it will open windows explorer and high light the still image so you can do what you like with it.

You can add a button to the timeline which looks like a camera and does this job as well, plus under SYSTEM SETTINGS - IMPORTER/EXPORTER - STILL IMAGE you can change the still export options and de-interlace and choose the format of still (JPEG etc) you want.
              EDIUS silver certified trainer.
              Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
              Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                if you need the file in Photoshop, then you would not want to save as compressed jpg to begin with

tga or bmp is what I would preset the still capture

you can open the still with Photoshop by opening it from EDIUS project folder, that is where it will be
                or what i do is to set EDIUS to save the frame as PSD native photoshop file, this way if i modiffy the PSD adding layers or whatever i want i do not have to re-import it to EDIUS
                Paranova Films
                Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
                http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

Thanks everyone success at last !!

Comment

Working...
                  X