Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customize the Mask Tool?

Hello,

I am doing some track mattes with the mask tool and wanted to know if there was a way to accomplish a few things.

Two things:

It would be great if the default could be set for the keyframe nodes to be linear. This mode is the best for anything moving with a matte.

Also, it is nice how the keyframe nodes are automatically made but this luxury is negated by needing to click back and forth between the window (to position the matte) and in the keyframe window to activate the cursor. Being able to use the arrow keys and have them stay active while one moves the matte would be grand.

Are these feature requests or is there a way to accomplish them?

Thanks
    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

I am sure you cannot change the default interpolation.

I don't reallu undertstand your second point. When I adjust the matte I just stay on the same tool - edit shape - move along the timeline and then move the points around. I don't need to keep clicking on the keyframes on the timeline to activate them.
    EDIUS silver certified trainer.
    Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
    Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Actually, I just found the answer after reading your post. The mouse scroll wheel advances the video. So I can click on the matte, scroll the video forward, and adjust the matte. Very quick. Issue resolved.
      Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

I second the feature request "Default to Linear Keyframe interpolation"...nice :)
        When I go out, I wear my EDIUS T-Shirt.

Comment

Working...
        X