How to Mix CH1 + CH2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Mix CH1 + CH2

What is the best (and simply) way to mix CH1 + CH2 in 2 channels (left/right) ?
    CH1 mic : ambient sound
    CH2 mic : HF (speak)

(Edius 6.03).

Marc
    System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
    Edius in France

I use the pan/pot filter.
    Randy

Asus sabertooth MB Z97 16 gigs of ram SSD system and edit drives Nvidia GTX-660 video card

Comment

I dont quite understand what you mean by mixing the two channels, but if you mean that you want them to sound like a mono , or that you want them to come through both speakers, just add the pan pot/balance filter, and when you open the dialog box, slide the two uppermost sliders to the center....You will notice that the one on the left is set far left, and the one on the right is set far right...just slide them to the center, while checking that they both come to the same number, and that the meter overlay are well balanced....You can later save this as a custom preset for future use....If I understand you correct, this is what you need to do.....

I record some functions this way......so in my final edit, I have to do this to create the right atmosphere...

Comment

Thanks Alade and Rando.
        It's just the right tool for this purpose (CH1 + CH2 mono in both channels).

Marc
        System : W7 Ultimate - MB: Asus Z170 - I7 6700K - Ram 16 Go - SSD1 256 Go (OS/log) - SSD2 1To (rushes) - HDD 4To (save) - Nvidia Asus GTX970 - HDspark - Edius WG 9 - Vistitle 2.6 - Robuskey - Mercalli4 - Neat video - Ignite - Hitfilm4Pro - AV : Eset Nod32 - Others : Moniteur Sony 32-EX500 - Cam : Sony EX1-R - 2 x Sony PXW-X70 - 1 x Pana GH5
        Edius in France

Comment

Use the Panpot and Balance filter and center both channels. Then don't forget to save it as a user preset (we call it Centered Audio) for future use.
          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by Marc44 View Post
            What is the best (and simply) way to mix CH1 + CH2 in 2 channels (left/right) ?
            CH1 mic : ambient sound
            CH2 mic : HF (speak)

(Edius 6.03).

Marc
            It sound like you are recording sound much like I do. I also use the Pot-Pan filters to control my L/R channels independently. Usually for my wireless (speak) track, I just make it mono. But if I'm at a reception and want to have great music sound, but I only have the one left channel (mono), I will copy the track place it in the audio area. I then use the Pot-Pan filter to pan the audio to the Right, while keeping the left track where it was. Now the sound will not be any better than if you just made the single left mono track out put to both L & R. I then will off-set the right channel by about 2 frames. If you wanted to, you could also sweeten one of the tracks, make it sound a little better. Because the L/R channels and just a little out of sync, it will sound a little more like stereo.

Bob
            AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
            2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.

Comment

The free Kjaerhus Classic VST audio filters also have the ability to add stereo separation to a mono channel:

http://www.acoustica.com/plugins/vst-directx.htm

Comment

Somehow, I just dont like using VSTs, as many do not work well in Edius, plus, Edius has so many things, if we take time to examine the built-in items, we would not want a lot of things we burden Edius with, and our PCs as well......I hardly use any plugins to et what I want, not that O dont use them, but if I find an alternative in Edius, why should I use a third party plugin that may cause problems

Comment

Pan pot problem

I am also trying to spread my mono channel from right (or left) to center using pan pot. This worked well when applying to a channel in one of my clip sequences. Then, after dragging that sequence into the main sequence1, the pan pot effect is gone. If I remove the pan pot from the clip sequence and then add it to the audio track in the master sequence the pan pot centering works until I click ok in the pan pot dialogue then the audio reverts back to left or right as before I applied the pan pot. I am using Edius 5.5.

Comment

Originally posted by rwolfe03 View Post
                    I am also trying to spread my mono channel from right (or left) to center using pan pot. This worked well when applying to a channel in one of my clip sequences. Then, after dragging that sequence into the main sequence1, the pan pot effect is gone. If I remove the pan pot from the clip sequence and then add it to the audio track in the master sequence the pan pot centering works until I click ok in the pan pot dialogue then the audio reverts back to left or right as before I applied the pan pot. I am using Edius 5.5.
                    what about alt+enter on the clip, audio tab, set mono2, this will make the right channel appear on left and right with the same level
                    Anton Strauss
                    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X