Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicam Clip Slide/NX Output Question

Hello,

I am noticing in Edius 6 that when I am in multicam mode and I Shift+Alt to move clips on the timeline my external monitor goes back to single cam mode. The computer monitor still shows multicam mode.

I am using an NX Express card. Should this be acting this way?

Thanks
    Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Yes........
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks.

Why?
      Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

It is an "edit" operation not a Multicam "switching" one.
        Steve

Comment

o.k. But I can not see why the external monitor would not match the internal monitor. To get back to multicam on my external monitor I need to f12 to single monitor then f12 back to multicam. Just seems wrong. Edius 5 did not have this behavior.

Also, if I copy & paste in multicam the clip enables/disables are not kept. If I switch to single cam they are kept.

It is like multicam is NOT the same as single cam from an Edius operational standpoint like it has always been.

Is this by design?

Comment

It is different then EDIUS 6 because you have settings for what goes out to the external monitor and what is previewed on the computer monitors in full screen which is a new feature.
            So you cannot compare it to version 5 the are many if's..then in this equation.

Copy and pasting is better done in normal edit mode.

Remember Multicam is actually for switching and moving cut points first.

I will check with QA to verify output to external monitor.
            Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info but as a heads up for Grass Valley, they are playing with fire changing multicam this way.

There are some projects where I stay in multicam for most of the edit. Or at least I did in version 5. The two modes being as one was a huge strength of this software. By far the best most effecient way to edit. Now I do not know. Changing back and forth just to copy or drag clips seems like a collosal waste of time. I also can not seem to extend one clip beyond where a cut has been made. Edius wants to extend all of the stacked clips at once.

This is my first project since moving to Edius 6 and I am concerned about what I have gotten into here.

Comment

Strange I can extend just fine.
                If I read that correct which I think I did it is user error.
                You also can copy and paste, just make sure you have the extra track mapped as a camera track.
                Well since EDIUS 6 has been out many have used multicam just fine.

I will forward your concerns to QA
                Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM.
                Steve

Comment

I now see how I need to have the track selected to extend clips. But no matter how I select or un-select tracks, when I copy and paste in multicam the pasted clips do not retain their enable/disable status.

As to your comment about how many have used multicam just fine, well sure it works. But extra clicks and needing to do this or that when in the past one just flew through it is a step backward imho.

How do these changes help? What editors requested to have to select a track (without the arrow keys) to be able to extend a clip? Or have the NX output go to single cam when you move a clip?

So far it seems more complicated rather than improved. Sorry for the rant.

Comment

Why would you want to copy and paste a disabled clip?
                    If so is it not better to not copy paste it in the first place?

Just wondering what the benifit of copy and past of a disabled clip in multicam is?
                    Are you not doing it to use it? If so it should be enabled.
                    Steve

Comment

I will try to explain.

I am copying and pasting a group of clips. Two or three layers of cameras that have been cut up already in multicam. So the group has a checkerboard look as some clips are enabled, some are disabled. After the paste all of the enabled clips on a track go to disabled.

They all stay as they were when I paste in single cam.

Comment

Fair enough I now understand what you are saying.
                        Steve

Comment

Deselect all track headers copy and past and then the clips get pasted exactly like you have copied them.
                          Steve

Comment

Thanks for your reply but I can not or do not know how to deselect all track headers. It seems one track always stays selected.

Btw, when I paste this group in multicam Edius goes unresponsive for about 10-15 seconds. When I paste the same group in single cam it is instant.

Could you explain the logic of needing to select and deselect tracks in Edius 6? Just seems like extra work compared to Edius 5.

Thanks

Comment

You click on one so that one is selected and all the others are not. Then Ctr + click the last one.

That should work.

Edius has multi-track editing as a new feature .
                              Depending on your edit style you can have all selected,non or some.
                              I am always on non and only select a track(s) I wish to target and then deselect them again.

(Maybe you can try to have them all selected "almost like EDIUS 5" and see if the copy goes correctly)

If you keep comparing to EDIUS 5 you will go crazy.
                              EDIUS 6 is different we have said that from the introduction and I don't want to re-post everything I did before. :)
                              Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-16-2011, 11:06 PM.
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X