Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct and if you want you can shift select all other sequences in the bin and delete them in one go.
    Even if they are in different folders you can get to them with search parameters.
    Very easy.
    GrassValley_SL
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-12-2011, 03:55 PM.
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Hi Zvit.

The import sequence function is made quite redundant by the import EZP/project function. This will give you access to anything in the project, not just one sequence and it's associated media. The import EZP is also much faster as there is no special preparation that you have to do. I really don't understand why people are advising the sequence route over project, unless I am missing point somewhere. Give it a try, I am quite sure you will be happy with it.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

The reason is that the person who asked does not want to do that. Certainly we don't want to force one way of doing it but we give a method which is much closer to want the OP wants not what we think is better.

Btw import sequence is how you import a project (EZP) from the drop-down.
        IF you get that then I see nothing different in what we are suggesting.
        It is almost the same we only suggest a clean-up.
        Attached Files
        GrassValley_SL
        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM.
        Steve

Comment

Steve.

My suggestion not only works for Zvit's request but also the original user request. My suggestion is also a better option, as it does not need any special requirements, and it also gives the user access to everything in the imported EZP with the same flexibility as if they where working with the original.

Not forcing someone to use just one way, is cool. But when one way is faster and better with more options, I don't see why pointing it out should be an issue. The usual point to such requests, is for the quickest and best suited solution.

Anyway, there is a choice of following your recommendation or mine, like you say, a choice .

Cheers.

Dave

Comment

What you don't get is that importing the ezp is done through:
            Import sequence.
            So you are not saying anything different you just show how to import all the ballast when most won't need that.
            We show import what you need. It is also done via the ezp.
            So there actually is only one method of importing .
            GrassValley_SL
            Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-12-2011, 05:28 PM.
            Steve

Comment

Btw import sequence is how you import a project (EZP) from the dropdown.
              IF you get that then I see nothing different in what we are suggesting.
              It is almost the same we only suggest a clean-up.

Steve.

I am not wanting to get in to an argument, but you are wrong. Both these functions are very different, and found in different places. The result of a sequence import, is nowhere near as flexible as an EZP/project import, by it's very nature it can't be. I wrote up very extensive notes for GV over the pros and cons of the sequence import function, so am more familiar than most with it.

Try doing an import of a full blown EZP with many media bins, many other separate asset bins and loads of sequences. Then compare it's flexibility with that of a sequence import.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Have you looked at it in EDIUS6?
                I do this all the time and know exactly what it does.
                Import sequence an ezp import.

With bin and copy if you chose and Copy of files to the new project.

Please enlighten us.
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                  What you don't get is that importing the ezp is done through:
                  Import sequence.
                  So you are not saying anything different you just show how to import all the ballast when most won't need that.
                  We show import what you need. It is also done via the ezp.
                  So there actually is only one method of importing .
                  Steve.

Right click in your bin and select import, then select EZP. This is not the same function as above or one a derivative of the other and it's results are not the same. The EZP import is not selective, and gives the best choice.

I was only giving someone the best advice on what they where trying to do, so there really was no need for you to correct me over something that did not need correcting.

Maybe my view does not suit you, that's fine. Like I said before, the user now has a choice. Which can only be a good thing.

Dave.

Comment

Anton and I both are talking about import sequence on the timeline.
                    Because you cannot import an ezp under import project.
                    If you found a way please share it.

We still name import project in EDIUS : import sequence . Some may not agree with it others agree but that is what it is called.
                    Attached Files
                    GrassValley_SL
                    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-12-2011, 05:43 PM.
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                      Anton and I both are talking about import sequence on the timeline.
                      Because you cannot import an ezp under import project.
                      If you found a way please share it.
                      Steve.

Sorry, this is getting beyond silly. You have not even tried my method of opening the EZP direct as an import by right clicking and selecting direct to the bin.

As an admin you really should be setting a better standard, not going after and discrediting a users suggestions.

There are two options for people to follow here, one may suit better than the other.

I will have no more to do with the insanity of this particular thread.

Dave.

Comment

No one is discrediting you I only explain what we are talking about.
                        That's how we have always directed users. Use the import sequence from the drop down on the timeline.
                        If it was not very clear I hope the pictures clear up any confusion.
                        GrassValley_SL
                        Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-12-2011, 08:43 PM.
                        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
                          Steve.

Sorry, this is getting beyond silly. You have not even tried my method of opening the EZP direct as an import by right clicking and selecting direct to the bin.

As an admin you really should be setting a better standard, not going after and discrediting a users suggestions.

There are two options for people to follow here, one may suit better than the other.

I will have no more to do with the insanity of this particular thread.

Dave.
                          I have tried your method, it works almost the same as import sequence

your method: no control over what is imported

import sequence method: everything is imported just as in your case, but the user has choice about copying source files and render files or choice of importing bin or not

essentially, both methods import the lot, including all sequences

in an ideal world, if one could choose import sequence, project x, sequence3, that would be wonderful
                          Anton Strauss
                          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Yes the import sequence method form the timeline drop down is the best way if you want choice.
                            It is also the method most used because of the possible selections.
                            The cleaning a up a copy to only import what you want or need is also very good.

This is what I teach because it is logical and everyone gets it. ;)
                            GrassValley_SL
                            Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-13-2011, 12:27 PM.
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                              how about save as, then right click the sequence you wish to keep and choose close all other sequences, this closes all your 49 sequences but does not delete them, then save

now in your new project, import the other project and you will only see this one new sequence added
                              Anthon, it's ok. I understand all the posts here and understand your methods. It's not the open sequences that are the problem. It's the 50+ folders and sequences in my bin. These are the ones I need to delete when I do a save-as. Because my main preset project have all the sequences and aspects of my event projects. When I do something new, it's just 3 - 4 new sequences and I save this as a new project with only ONE bin folder and 3 sequences and delete the rest. Then, if I ever need this, I import the EZP of this into whatever project I'm working on.
                              Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

Hi Zvit.

The main problem that people have with the import sequence option. Is that unless you have prepared your project that is being imported, and understand the options on the sequence import page, you can have issues bringing in the right sequence.

The import sequence option relies on factors such as the order of previously opened sequences, their names, and other less than obvious preparations. As a for instance, you where being told to delete every sequence other than the one you want and use this as the imported EZP. While this sounds like advice suspiciously gleaned from another post, it is none the less one way to do it, among a few. But, as you pointed out, you did not want to go doing all that preparation work if you did not have to. besides, there are other issues with this route that make it quite tedious and it can also screw up.

Importing an EZP into the bin will bring the entire project into your present project, completely intact. Now from here, you have the choice to go direct to the sequence you want, and either use it by itself or copy any number of it's tracks or media into another sequence in your present project. You also have the option to go direct to your media bins from the imported EZP/project. This will allow you to use its, video files, audio files, title files, picture files, in fact anything that was used in the imported project.

Yes the EZP import will bring in everything, but in my experience it's way more advantageous to have access to everything and not just one sequence. How many times have you remembered that there was something else in another sequence, that you needed, and then had to do the whole stripping and re-importing thing again. Besides, looking at the confusion this import sequence causes due to preparation and import options, even to seasoned users. It would seem that opening an EZP you already know, and being able to cherry pick what you want, is not only much easier, but safer and more intuitive. It must be intuitive, as this is how we all use Edius anyway.

Here is how you import an entire EZP.

1. Go to your bin.
                                2. Hover your pointer over the root folder, on the left hand side of the fully open bin, under FOLDER.
                                3. Right click on your mouse.
                                4. Select import.
                                5. This option will allow you to select a number of file extensions, one being EZP.
                                6. Search for the EZP you need and select it.
                                7. Edius will now import the whole EZP in to a new folder in your bin, this new sub bin folder will contain everything from that project, including the easily findable sequence that you need.

Steve. You asked me where was the import EZP function, I hope the the above helps you.

Hope this is of help.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                                X