This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy & paste

Is it possiable to copy and paste a sequence or parts of a timeline to a different project? I tried the simple way copy open project & paste but paste is grayed out. I am trying to get a multi layer lower third with logo and text to another project.
    Thanks Mike
    www.FairytaleVideo.Biz
    Computer 1
    Edius 6.1
    i7 930, Asus P6t MB, 4gig ram,
    8600 gt Xp home Sp3
    Avid Liquid 7.2 Dx10 Patch
    (Supermeatball in Avid Forums)

Computer 2
    Amd 965 x2 64bit, Asus MB
    4gig ram 7900gt, XP Home SP3
    Studio 14 Ultimate Sony Z1U & Z5U

Save a copy of the project.
    Remove everything from the timeline you don't need .
    Project Save as give name "Multilayer"

Open the new project.
    Import sequence browse to project Multilayer. Done.
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Hey pretty cool. Give me a reason to give specific names to sequences. I do wish Grass Valley would make an option for saving the group ( multi texts, logo, lower third, ect) as a package.

Thanks Mike
      www.FairytaleVideo.Biz
      Computer 1
      Edius 6.1
      8600 gt Xp home Sp3

Computer 2

Comment

Mike - Steve's suggestion sure works great, but here's another way I've found that works really well for me. In your new project, open a new sequence. Import the "old" project that has the scenes in it you want in that new project, just highlight the parts you want, copy and paste into the sequence you want in the new project. Then, if desired, you can always delete the "imported" timeline sequence. That way I can't possibly foul up the old project by mistake!

Either way it works for you best.
        Alan
        Alan J. Levi
        Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

OK wait a minute so when I import that sequence it not a copy? So if I make changes to it, it will also change it in the older project? If yes I did not think about that good to know. Now I see why Steve said to start a new project first.
          Thanks
          Mike
          www.FairytaleVideo.Biz
          Computer 1
          Edius 6.1
          8600 gt Xp home Sp3

Computer 2

Comment

Mike - I have never experienced any change in an "imported project" changes the original project, but just to be safe, I will double check on that tomorrow! Thanks for the inquiry!
            Alan
            Alan J. Levi
            Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

Making changes to an imported project will NOT effect the original project at all.
              Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

There are 2 ways of importing a Sequence/Project
                1: Import the Project with references to the original - (Problem is if you delete the project you imported you loose the video
                2: Import the project by "Import Sequence" and make sure you tick "Copy clips in Project Folder" happens to be the default
                Rather misleading "Import Sequence" it really imports the whole project
                All the assets from the original project will be copied to your new project folder
                In E5 you could use the right click "Delete Files" to delete the unwanted files but in E6 this has become problematic, some times is available sometimes not.
                So you can end up with a HUGE project folder
                There is no guarantee ALL the assets will be copied so be careful
                One thing is for CERTAIN anything you do with the IMPORTED sequences is ISOLATED to your current project so will not appear in the original!!! That is the beauty of Edius and Sequences!!!!!
                Regards Barry
                Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
                GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
                Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
                Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Well, not seeing Zvi's and Barry's posts first, I did check today Mike, and will confirm their findings. No reflection of changes in the import back to the original. All independent - and as Barry said, one of EDIUS's finer points.
                  Best.
                  Alan
                  Alan J. Levi
                  Director

Comment

It would be great though, if you were able to import just one sequence from another project, but that is like asking for candy on memorial day.
                    Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH, Intel Core i7 3770k 3.5GHz, 4 Core, 8 Threads, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB, 500GB SSD HDD for OS, 40TB Usable Hard Drive Capacity, Window 10 PRO 64-bit Edius 9.5 WORKSTATION...

Comment

Originally posted by zvit View Post
                      It would be great though, if you were able to import just one sequence from another project, but that is like asking for candy on memorial day.

it is already possible

go to that other project and choose save as and type a name, now delete all sequences but that one, save and exit

then import that sequence in your new project
                      Anton Strauss
                      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

If you are going to delete all but one of the the sequences out of a project, to simplify the recognition of that sequence when importing it in to the next project. Make sure you are using a copy of the the original project where the sequence comes from, or else you are going to wipe over your original project.

Maybe the best way to do this insertion of content from one EZP/project/sequences to another EZP/project/sequences, is to do an EZP import instead. This way you get way more access to just one sequence, and it's much easier.

Hope this helps.

dave.

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                          it is already possible

go to that other project and choose save as and type a name, now delete all sequences but that one, save and exit

then import that sequence in your new project

Of course Anton, that's what I do today and that's why I said "Just ONE" sequence. In my wedding preset project I have about 50 folders and many sequences so when I make something new and want to import just that new one into another project, I don't like having to save as, and then crunch my fingers pressing delete and OK over 50 times.

Comment

Of course Anton, that's what I do today and that's why I said "Just ONE" sequence. In my wedding preset project I have about 50 folders and many sequences so when I make something new and want to import just that new one into another project, I don't like having to save as, and then crunch my fingers pressing delete and OK over 50 times.
                            Hi Zvit.

Anton's method is OK for certain situations. Try out my method above, it will do everything you need without having to prep a separate EZP with only one sequence in it. You can do a sequence import without all the deleting, but it depends on what you do to the last saved EZP, what was active in the timeline, the order of sequences/names, and version of Edius. Try searching through my profile, you will find a lot of very descriptive threads about these issues. Either way, importing EZP's is what you need to do.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Comment

how about save as, then right click the sequence you wish to keep and choose close all other sequences, this closes all your 49 sequences but does not delete them, then save

now in your new project, import the other project and you will only see this one new sequence added
                              Anton Strauss
                              Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X