A suggestion for Edius6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion for Edius6

THe short cut key: Alt+s is asigned for Expand audio track display(display the mixer of audio track),it is very good, but I have to move the mouse to the leftside to select the audio track that I want to expand .It is very time wastting.
    Can it change to like that:when I want to display a audio clip's mixer,I ONLY select the audio clip, and press:Alt+s , if like that ,It will be a very quick way to display the mixer of a audio clip.

anther shortcut: Fade in/out(aduio/video) is not assigned any shortcut by default,But it can be asign by yourself.
    I assign “< ” for audio fade in; “> ” for audio fade out.when I hope a audio clip fade in.I only place the timeline pointor at the correctly position.press “< ”, yes it does. But the same trouble thing is that:these shortcut only affect the track ,not clip.I have to select the track where the clip in,so the shortcut work, If I deosn't secect the track,only select an audio clip ,It does't work.
    Edius6 !,Can you change these shortcut? No need to select track again.
    Last edited by leoo; 09-08-2011, 08:30 AM.

One of the big changes for EDIUS 6 was the added ability of multi track editing. Because of that the track selection and clip selection are completely independent functions. The functions that can be used on multiple tracks at once (I.e. Fades). have to have the track selection(s) option.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

When you editing a video,you will find that,the chance working at one track(a single clip) is greater than muti tracks.
      I only want to say that:select a clip is more quickly and easy than select a track.Because this time you are concentrate on this clip,you will very easy to select it,your mouse is just at the center of the computer's screen near the clip. but now,you have to move it to the leftside to select the track.if you set very large number of tracks(ie 8 tracks),you will be posible select a track not you really want.
      After all these shortcut as I describe is only do with a clip,not a track.

If you add a function,just like that:I select several clips,and press a shortcut,It will do with these selected clips.
      IT WILL BE A GREAT FUNCTION!
      Last edited by leoo; 09-08-2011, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I have explained why. It has been discussed here quite a bit before.
        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
          It has been discussed here quite a bit before.
          Interestingly, I have yet to read a post praising how the added facility for multitrack editing and track patches have improved workflow. I'm curious to know what broadcast editors (who I gather constitute the majority of v6.03 users) say of the functionality.
          EDIUS WG 10.21.8061, VisTitle 2.960, Windows 10 Pro 21H1
          Asus ROG Strix X570F, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz, 32GB DDR4 3600MHz, RTX 2060 Super 8GB
          NVMe SSD 500GB system drive, NVMe SSD 2TB work drive, 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage
          DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K into JVC DT-V24L1

Comment

Originally posted by laddi.b View Post
            Interestingly, I have yet to read a post praising how the added facility for multitrack editing and track patches have improved workflow. I'm curious to know what broadcast editors (who I gather constitute the majority of v6.03 users) say of the functionality.
            here here i just wish GV would stop pretending it was a good idea and man-up and say "we got it wrong."

we know ur only human and dont get it right all of the time but when u do mess up - just put it back and we can all hug and move on

Comment

Multiple track editing doesn't benefit most Broadcasters at all.

Comment

Shift+1 will select/highlight Track 1A, Shift 2 for track 2A....etc.

CTRL+Shift+1 will select/highlight 1V, CTRL+SHFT+2 for track 2V....etc.

That may help grab the track you want without using the mouse. Be cautioned that if you use Shift+1 and Shift+2 you will select both 1A and 2A. This helps with multi-track editing too. You can easily select 3 audio tracks and expand the waveforms for each with a few keystrokes. Pressing the combination again will unselect the track.

This could help select a track and expand the wave form without the mouse. This is handy for locking at track without the mouse as well. (LockTrack is ALT+L)
                Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

100 percent true :)
                  Dell T1650, 8GB ram, SSD, Win 7, Edius 6.08+HDSpark, Vistitle

Comment

then who is getting the benefit of this convoluted workflow - was it done to keep the Avid crossover mob happy 'cos, thats how that outdated excuse for a program works?

Comment

Interesting.
                      EDIUS WG 10.21.8061, VisTitle 2.960, Windows 10 Pro 21H1
                      Asus ROG Strix X570F, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz, 32GB DDR4 3600MHz, RTX 2060 Super 8GB
                      NVMe SSD 500GB system drive, NVMe SSD 2TB work drive, 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage
                      DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K into JVC DT-V24L1

Comment

When I want to perform a a keyboard based operation on many tracks at one - for example stick a cross dissolve in 2 or more video tracks - then it saves time and is very useful, I have got used to the new workflow and don't really have a problem with it myself.
                        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
                        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
                        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
                        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                        X