Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius and Sony FX7: I look for info about HDV Video Capture. URGENT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iibw View Post
    I always edit using Canopus HQ, then archive the completed timeline to m2t which is stored on my hard drive. m2t files are much smaller than HQ.
    If space is not an issue, and for me it isn't, I always export to an 8bit YUV uncompressed file. This will also play in most editors, provided you have the drive speed.
    Jerry
    Six Gill DV
    www.sgdvtutorials.com
    If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
    http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
    Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulisse View Post
      Therefore do you mean in general TS files are a little bit better quality version than HQ the quality? I mean image quality.
      thanks
      Yes - as KH says, my point is only that .ts files are first generation - so are a great archival medium being that they are much smaller than HQ, I once had someone argue with me that HQ files were better quality. This is not possible, however they are much easier on the computer when editing, and have expanded colour space for stills, effects, transitions and such that go over or between the footage.. :-)

HQ is what I use for editing, the difference is infinitely small to the human eye, although I don't know how much degradation is involved in going from .ts > HQ > .ts - it looks fine though..
      www.wishlistcentral.com - suggest new features
      www.buglistcentral.com - report bugs
      www.wishlistcentral.com/edius/ - Free edius user add-ons

Comment

Working...
      X