I change a clip's speed and it stays the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I change a clip's speed and it stays the same

Hi there. I'm editing a clip and change its speed for example from 100% to -100% (reverse). When I try to see it, the clip stays the same as long as I don't cut it or change its position. Shouldn't the clip change and the rendered file be forgotten and overwritten? Thanks!

3,07 gigahertz Intel Core i7 950
    64 kilobyte primary memory cache
    256 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (4 total)
    Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE V2 Rev 1.xx
    Bus Clock: 133 megahertz

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Sounds like you have a rendered file of your clip. Remove the rendered file from the timeline to see your speed changes. Then, render again if needed.
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

Comment

sounds more like track-synch is on - this can sometimes prevent any speed changes taking effect - turn the synch button off - head of each track rightest most icon/button thing. just turn it off for the track yr clip is on.

Comment

It's not a matter of being unable to change the speed in the clip, it's a matter of making me have to displace or change some of the clip's properties in order to lose the rendered file so I can see the change I made to it. It's annoying.

64-bit ready
        Multi-core (4 total)
        Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

If you used Shift + q you have to manually delete the rendered file which EDIUS put on top.
          Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
          EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I've indeed used it. What's the difference between doing it with shortcuts and using the track render commands?

64-bit ready
            Multi-core (4 total)
            Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05

Windows 7 - 64 bit

Comment

Depending on which render method you use you will get different out comes.

Shift+q put a clip on to the rendered area any change to the original clip , you have to delete the clip which was created to reflect the new change.

If you use clip +g clip render no file is extra file is put on the timeline. You can freely move the clip on the timeline and the render stays in tact.
              Any change to the clip just use shift+ g again.
              Downside : does not support alpha yet.

Render red /orange
              No extra clip is created and the section of the timeline can be moved. Render follows.
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Originally posted by mattie View Post
                sounds more like track-synch is on - this can sometimes prevent any speed changes taking effect - turn the synch button off - head of each track rightest most icon/button thing. just turn it off for the track yr clip is on.
                Wow, I have never seen track sync effect the speed of the clip. Strange.
                1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Originally posted by Dockelektro View Post
                  Hi there. I'm editing a clip and change its speed for example from 100% to -100% (reverse). When I try to see it, the clip stays the same as long as I don't cut it or change its position. Shouldn't the clip change and the rendered file be forgotten and overwritten? Thanks!
                  Are you sure you need to even render your speed change?
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

If a clip was rendered at 100% speed, isn't is logical that adjusting it's speed to an exact reverse value only requires the software's playback logic to play the clip backwards i.e. play the already rendered (green) portion backwards? No re-rendering is needed i.e render files need to be manually removed...

Comment

Changing the clip's speed to reverse has always required me to render it, more so if it has a couple of vitascene filters added to it, as you can imagine.

64-bit ready
                      Multi-core (4 total)
                      Hyper-threaded (8 total)

12 Gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670

Edius 6.05