HELP ! Transition Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ! Transition Problem

I am using Edius 4.5c, and have doen for many years for work.
    But recently ALL my transitions have stopped working. ie, i drag a transitions between 2 clips, and nothing happens. I have read through the forums, tried changing the "extended clip function" , tried pressing every buttona nd feature avaliable, tried everything i can think of, but still a big NOTHING happens.
    If anyone knows a way out of this issue, i would be much appreciative.

Thanks

Alex

are the clips touching and are the ends trimmed or fully extended? if fully extended, you will see little gray triangles and that indicates bad news in my book :)

what happens when you park cursor at cut point and press Alt+1 or Alt+2 or Alt+3
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

They are touching (on the same line). I have tried fully extended and not, and neither work. ALT 1/2/3 adds a fade effect between the 2 clips- but still non of the normal standard transitions work (ie dissolve,clock,2d,3d) from the effect palate, also including XPLODE and other plugins i use such as ProDad stuff,, :((

Comment

Kinda making head-way

UPDATE,,

Progress, of some sort.

Ok, If i add a standard transition using "Alt 1/2/3" as you suggested, and then after that It allows me to use a preset transition effect (on top of the alt 1/2/3 transition i have just made) and they WORK :),, but why i can not just drag and drop them as I have done for many years without using the ALT function, I have no idea.

Sorry If i seem a little stupid at this, but have been using this for a while and never faced such issues..

Comment

Same problem here.
          If I try to put any of my transition presets on the merged 2 clips, it does nothing.
          But if I first put a standard dissolve, either by just pulling it or the alt+1, then I can put my presets over it.
          Vista x64, Edius 5.10, Mercalli, Vitascene, Imaginate 2
          Intel BadAxe2, [email protected], 4GB C. Ballistix, XFX 8800GT, 2x22" 226BW
          Canon 5D Mark2, Canon XH-A1, Canon HV30

Comment

I don't have or ever heard of version 4.5c

when using E4, I last used 4.61 and it was the greatest of the E4 versions
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
            X