Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrassValley_PS
    replied
    The card reader will only help when you are transferring file based clips. It will not help if you need to capture a tape.

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    so the 5 in one card reader obviously won't work correct?

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    No. It doesn't seem to have any other interfaces other than USB and ethernet.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    No I don't have the HVR-MRC1K. Do you think I can buy a fire wire card for it?

Thanks
    Lauri

Leave a comment:

• Ron Evans
    replied
    Do you have the HVR-MRC1K with the Z5U ? Looking up the spec your laptop only has USB2 interfaces so you cannot capture HDV or DV to it from the Z5U over IEEE1394. If you have the HVR-MRC1K you can use the card reader to transfer from the card to the PC.

Ron Evans

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    I copied and pasted this from the quick set up guide.

Multi-in-1 card reader Accepts Secure Digital (SD),
    MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick
    PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD).

It's an acer 5750-6677

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    It has a slot that is compatible with SD, MS, MS Pro, xD and MMC cards
    will that work?

Leave a comment:

• BobR
    replied
    If your laptop has a PCMCIA slot you should be able to buy a firewire card for it. Some of those cards even have dual firewire connections.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    I will need to send a note to the manufacture.
    I didn't purchase this at a per say computer store....

Thanks for all your help as always

Lauri

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I am not sure if an addon firewire card is available for this one? can you ask where you bought it?

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    ahaaa it's not an input it's an output no wonder why it doesn't work....

Since we are on the subject my laptop doesn't have a fire wire so how would I digitize footage? If it is even possible geez I'm so technically challanged!
    It is a Acer Aspire 5750-6677

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    ahahhh, a laptop with HDMI input? are you sure it is an input? never seen one

first thing to do is close EDIUS and see if anything appears on the monitor, if not, there must be a menu to change the input

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    Camera out is HDV silly question how do I changed the laptop monitor to HDMI? Camera output is set to 1080i/480i It is hdv

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    if the PC Mon has HDMI in, then connect the camera to PC Mon HDMI input and switch the input selector on the monitor to HDMI

is the camera output HD or SD???? this can be changed in camera setup menu

You will never see an input from HDMI on the EDIUS 5.5 preview mon, this is not supported

Leave a comment:

• lauri
    replied
    At this point I don't want to digitize I simply want to see the video from my camera on my computer monitor is this possible?

When I connect the camera via the HDMI cable to my tv I don't have a problem. I am using windows 7 and edius 5.5 Isn't the principle the same?

I tried your previous settings and I still can't get the video up on the Edius monitor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X