Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colours in 4.5 are making me want to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VideoOpp
    replied
    Timeline Clip Color workaround

Ahhhhh, this should help decrease the amount of time I spend in epeleptic shock.....

In the bin window you can change the clip color to whole groups of clips at once. Multiple Select all of your clips before you start sorting them, right click on any one and choose say a more nutural gray from the clip color option, and now you are back to a more normal Edius look.

Frank

Leave a comment:

• VideoOpp
    replied
    I would like to add my vote for letting the user have control over the timeline clip color. The choice of color for this particular version disturbs me at first glance, nauseates me after about an hour, has me dropping in and out of epileptic fits by the end of the day….

Really, user defined clip colors for timeline tracks have been around practically since the inception of NLEs. What gives?

Frank

Leave a comment:

• mike0130
    replied
    I like the new interface too. I do not work too much with buttons (I think they could be done better), I do not like the way GV is working with customers and forgot promices- they said that at the time ver4.5 will be out, there will be tutorials... They put tutorials late and not in full. They promiced video out drivers for Adobe CS3, but published for CS2.
    But Edius 4.51c is good, little buggy, but good. Of course, I would like support for nVidia cards- update for Xplode Pro and- for Edius or replacing them with new effects package, that will work with nVidia, better Boris RED plugin (switch that tracks numbers please!!!), plug for Blufftitler etc.
    What about your cursor... that may be also lack of tutorials... (not jumping on my machine)
    mike

Leave a comment:

• xmanflash
    replied
    Originally posted by roscoe_video View Post
    I'm very dissapointed in GV for releasing this upgrade and hard coding the interface colours into it.

Ross Herewini
    Sydney
    Hi Ross, many of us have been down the same path regarding development and code regression issues, however it seems much improved 4.51 and I am expecting more, and better for future versions...

What exactly are the issue you have with the new interface though? - You tended to say how frustrated you were with it, but I didn't notice any useful feedback for the designers to take note of? I like this interface as much as the older one - I used it since V 1.0, but to say a 3yo made it seems harsh in my opinion. But your specific issues with it would be welcome to add to the 'mix' I'm sure..

Cheers
    Pete (Sydney as well!)

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied
    1. Take the bickering to PM
    2. If you are going to complain, please keep it constructive

Violate any of the above further, and this thread is toast.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Truly
    replied
    I too would like to see user customizable colors... as I have posted in a previous thread.

Changing the overall window lightness or darkness is nice... but it was there in a previous release and I also like mine dark. Problem is... while you can control certain parts of the interface, you can't control others. I want to control it all. As I can with other apps. The icon set is locked away and you can't adjust that, you can't tone down the 100% saturated clip colors that the developers chose to use this time around (I think theres 4 or 5 of those and they happen to be the colors that I use most often because of the distinction between them but now they are a bit hard on the eyes). I'd like to change the icon 'highlight' color, and the brightness of some icons relative to my desired dark scheme, etc. I want to control it all.

As far as functionality... I'm pretty pleased with the new release barring a few problems.

But I don't apologize for wanting more control.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• roscoe_video
    replied
    Hi Matt,

I tried what you suggested and that wasn't it, but thanks for the info.

I'll make a screendump the next time this happens to me, which should be any time now....

Ross

Leave a comment:

• roscoe_video
    replied
    Thanks Matt.

I'll have a look at that.

Leave a comment:

• Deane Johnson
    replied
    The new color is absolutely great and the improved details of the GUI are much faster to use IMO.

Leave a comment:

• mattmatt
    replied
    "The cursor jumps back along the timeline in an unpredictable manner." Does this happen when you use the shortcut keys to ad a default transition? The cursor will then jump to the nearest clip in the mapped video track - even if you are concentrating on track V1 (and have clicked on V1, but havn't mapped it) V2 might be "active" or mapped, so the transition will be added to that track, causing the cursor to jump maybe miles back to the start, or wherever the nearest peice of video is, on the that mapped track.

Please have a look at this pic to better explain :)

By the way, I LOVE the new look :)

Leave a comment:

• roscoe_video
    replied
    No Dave politely offered a solution for changing the background, which I thank him for, but was already across.

If you care to read the question rather than skim over it, thinking you know what I was asking, you will indeed see that I am asking how to set the default colours for clips on the timeline.

Show me how to modify the colours of clips so that they arrive in that colour. And please don't tell me how to change clips one at a time, that is not what I want.

As far as the cursor moving, there are two problems.

1) as per Anton Strauss, where the cursor no longer remsains in the centre of the timeline when expanding.
    2) And the other where, when addding a clip, or even hitting play the cursor will jump to another spot on the timeline, and deposit the clip or start playing.
    This has been around forever and had nothing to do with setting in/out markers.

Leave a comment:

• roscoe_video
    replied
    Please point to how I change the colour of the A1, and the colour of the AV1. I also want to change the colour back to the 3.61 defaults. How do I do that?

Leave a comment:

• SRsupport
    replied
    Is it documented for 4.51? Can you please point me to it. I must have missed it.

Leave a comment:

• roscoe_video
    replied
    "About the cursor flying???????? Is there something wrong with your setup?
    Because I don't think I have seen anything flying in edius besides effects and when I have footage of any aircraft. Strange"

SR[/QUOTE]

The cursor jumps back along the timeline in an unpredictable manner. It's been well documented by several people. If you don't suffer from the timeline cursor unexpectedly jumping to other parts of the timeline, then you are very lucky. For me iy has been with me on four different machines from v1.00 onwards.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by roscoe_video View Post
    Dave thanks for the reply.

Where do I change the colours in the settings? I have changed Windows back to Classic as suggested, but that changed it in a way I had no control over. If there is some way to specify each colour of the interface, then I've definitely missed it.

And to address your other point, both GUI and functionality are important, but if one precludes the other then that is not a good thing. I've designed GUI's before, and we always took the form over function track, because if users cannot understand it, they won't use it, so then it's functionality becomes a moot point.
    Settings > Application Settings > Customize > Window Color

I put mine to -32 on all 3 colors, and it looks really good. I like the dark GUI.

I do agree that GUI is important, but I start to forget it once I am fully editing like a robot :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X