Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colours in 4.5 are making me want to....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roscoe_video View Post
    I'm very dissapointed in GV for releasing this upgrade and hard coding the interface colours into it.

Ross Herewini
    Sydney
    Hi Ross, many of us have been down the same path regarding development and code regression issues, however it seems much improved 4.51 and I am expecting more, and better for future versions...

What exactly are the issue you have with the new interface though? - You tended to say how frustrated you were with it, but I didn't notice any useful feedback for the designers to take note of? I like this interface as much as the older one - I used it since V 1.0, but to say a 3yo made it seems harsh in my opinion. But your specific issues with it would be welcome to add to the 'mix' I'm sure..

Cheers
    Pete (Sydney as well!)
    www.wishlistcentral.com - suggest new features
    www.buglistcentral.com - report bugs
    www.wishlistcentral.com/edius/ - Free edius user add-ons

Comment

I like the new interface too. I do not work too much with buttons (I think they could be done better), I do not like the way GV is working with customers and forgot promices- they said that at the time ver4.5 will be out, there will be tutorials... They put tutorials late and not in full. They promiced video out drivers for Adobe CS3, but published for CS2.
      But Edius 4.51c is good, little buggy, but good. Of course, I would like support for nVidia cards- update for Xplode Pro and- for Edius or replacing them with new effects package, that will work with nVidia, better Boris RED plugin (switch that tracks numbers please!!!), plug for Blufftitler etc.
      What about your cursor... that may be also lack of tutorials... (not jumping on my machine)
      mike
      Asus P8P67, Intel i7 2600K working at 4.50 Ghz, 16Gb Kingston RAM, Windows 7 64bit, 500Gb system drive, 320Gb Data drive and 1TB RAID-0 for AV, Edius NX Express, EVGA nVidia GTX 570 2.5CB DDR5, 750w ALTEC power and some creativity...

Comment

I would like to add my vote for letting the user have control over the timeline clip color. The choice of color for this particular version disturbs me at first glance, nauseates me after about an hour, has me dropping in and out of epileptic fits by the end of the day….

Really, user defined clip colors for timeline tracks have been around practically since the inception of NLEs. What gives?

Frank
        ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 10900 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Comment

Timeline Clip Color workaround

Ahhhhh, this should help decrease the amount of time I spend in epeleptic shock.....

In the bin window you can change the clip color to whole groups of clips at once. Multiple Select all of your clips before you start sorting them, right click on any one and choose say a more nutural gray from the clip color option, and now you are back to a more normal Edius look.

Frank
          ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 10900 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Comment

Working...
          X