Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storm 3g Elite and Sony PVW-2800P need support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm 3g Elite and Sony PVW-2800P need support!

Hello everybody.
    First of all I want to say that I work in company which from time to time had to record SP Betacams.
    The problem is syncronisation If I want to use internal sync,
    So I connect Ref. Out BNC connector On a Rear pannel of Elite with Ref. In on Betacam. And got no sync on Out (super 3) connector from beta.
    How should I connect It?

Also I tryed to connect via external sync. Also got a problem with sync.

So actually, the description for such expensive product is very poor (incomplete). There are so much functions in it.

Thanks.

the PVW-2800 has component connectors

so this should get you in the right direction, and you are correct, you need to be a broadcast technician (when comparing to E5)

http://www.videoproductions.com.au/html/rs-422.html

and if there is no external ref generator, set up like this (item on left is EDIUS, item on right is Betacam))
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/a...es/DS-sync.gif
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Michael.

If you are talking about picture sync (not SMPTE). You should be able to capture even without a reference signal, as Edius/hardware will fall back onto the sync in the component signal. This should happen when the capture is set as standard setup, at least it does with the HD system.

As long as your deck is working OK and set to internal frame sync and external/slave SMPTE sync. You should be able to wire your setup as component, with 9 pin, and ref into Edius/harware. Then control the deck and sync from Edius capture tool.

Like I say, these all work on the HD system, that the Elite replaced, and should be something similar.

Maybe give your capture setup/templates a look at in Edius 6, this can some times be the issue when some things do not work as you would normally expect. It is quite different from Edius 5.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

First of all I want to say thanks for trying to understand and solve my problem.

Storm 3g elite has already sync generator.
        So, actually I want to understand how is it work's.

I connect ref out of storm elite 3g with ref in on betacam as it works on many cards with BOB. Also I connect ref out of betacam with ref in of storm 3g elite.
        On betacam I setup syncroniz = on.

Elite 3g has 2 options of sync mode REF Input Sync and Input Sync

I'm veryfying sync via super 3 BNC connector.
        IF I Serup Input sync in both cases I've got no sync when I view in via super 3. The picture color jammed and a picture not stable.

That should I do ? Help me? please

Comment

Originally posted by michael_is View Post
          First of all I want to say thanks for trying to understand and solve my problem.

Storm 3g elite has already sync generator.
          So, actually I want to understand how is it work's.

I connect ref out of storm elite 3g with ref in on betacam as it works on many cards with BOB. Also I connect ref out of betacam with ref in of storm 3g elite.
          On betacam I setup syncroniz = on.

Elite 3g has 2 options of sync mode REF Input Sync and Input Sync

I'm veryfying sync via super 3 BNC connector.
          IF I Serup Input sync in both cases I've got no sync when I view in via super 3. The picture color jammed and a picture not stable.

That should I do ? Help me? please
          you are creating a loop, that won't work

lets assume your Elite is your house sync gen

connect BB from Elite to ref in on Betacam and switch 75 ohm to on and do not connect anything from the output

you never need to send sync from the Betacam to the elite, otherwise you end up in a loop with unstable video
          Anton Strauss
          Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
          X