edius 5 stop instaling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edius 5 stop instaling

i use edius 5 more than a year i unstal it with different program to clean junks i can not instal it again i use registry cleaner sofeware to fix the error not working at last i format harddrive not working stop installtion in the middle with this error
    transfer error
    edius pro app.c.program file\canopus\edius 5\vwsselecttool.exe
    access denied
    after i find out vwsselecttool.exe virus
    1-ASUS TUF Z490 PLUS. I9 10850K CPU 3.6GHZ 3600. 10 CORES 20 LOGICAL PROCESSORS, GTX 1660 TI,64GB,STORM MOBILE,EDIUS X & EDIUS 9,DAVINCI.

Unless you downloaded Edius 5 from a dark corner of the Internet, I suspect you have a false positive from whatever antivirus software you are running.

Comment

there are several folders that need to be deleted manually

also, the hidden temp folder must be empty, I do this daily

registry cleaners can also break things, may I suggest re-imaging your C drive from a previoiusly created Win7 image and start again
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

i own edius1.2.3.4.5.6 all orginal cd with serial number and key i never download sofeware to have problem this is in the orginal cd i search it vwsselecttool.exe virus to stop instaling in the midle
        1-ASUS TUF Z490 PLUS. I9 10850K CPU 3.6GHZ 3600. 10 CORES 20 LOGICAL PROCESSORS, GTX 1660 TI,64GB,STORM MOBILE,EDIUS X & EDIUS 9,DAVINCI.

Comment

As far as I know, Grass Valley has never distributed an infected file as part of Edius or any other software. There have been several false positives due to AV engines being overzealous with heuristic detections or due to flawed virus signature updates being distributed.

Get a second opinion on whether the file is a virus -- upload it to VirusTotal to have it scanned by over 40 different AV engines.

Comment

Hi antons
            thanks for reply i search your post befor i delte manualy many file and i use software iolo system mechanic 10 cleaner to fix this errors not working last try i format my harddrive still not working what i do next

Comment

if you formatted your hard disk and did a fresh install, then you should be able to install EDIUS6 without a problem

maybe you did a repair install, this does not delete everything on the hard disk
              Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

with canopus techsupport i dawnload 5.12 full installer working good the orginal cd i have edius 5 release 1 after one installtion not good even i format hdd,use cleaner software delet file not working stop in the midle of installtion access denied vwsselettool.exe

Comment

did you configure Win7 prior to installation? and stop using registry cleaners, they break things, they don't fix things

I would wipe your drive, install Win7 again and then configure
                  Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
                  X