Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deebee69
    • May 2007

Which way to Blue Ray

Ive just finished a 1and 1/2 hour project and made the client a number of dvds from hd footage from Edius 6.03 then into T5 then into encore CS4.
    All good to go and no problems.Now the client has asked for a Blue Ray Disc.
    So this time I asked T5 to make a HDmpeg file [m2v] and tried to bring this m2v file into encore CS4 project but it crashed so I tried to make a new BD project in encore CS4 and that crashed aswell.
    Took the m2v file back into Edius 6.03 and then had to make all new menus and chapters [which is what I was trying to avoid and use the ones already created in encore CS4].Edius went to work and made a good Blue Ray.
    My question is what do you all do now for making your BD do you all stay in Edius and not go outside to T4 or T5 and why is there crashes in encore when importing the 16 gig m2v file into the bin in CS4? do I need to upgrade to CS5.5 or something
    Edius Version 7.4.Win 7 pro
    -Dual Xeon i7 2.66 Ghz x 5550quadcore NehalemHyper/Threading.SupermicroX8DAI motherboard. 1xwestern dig 32mb cache drive.2x 1tb samsung 32mb cache sata drives. 6x 2GB DDR3 ECC RAM.nVidia-gtx 760 card.Procoder3,Prodad,New Blue,Blufftitler After Effects,cinemasuite etc.
  • dpalomaki
    • Oct 2007

My BD requirements have been simple so far (essentially making a BD and DVD version of the same HDV/HD source materials from 1920x1080 and 1440x1080 projects. I save the final edit to HQ file and let Authoring Works v4 do the work. While it may not be the perfect workflow, it meets my modest needs nicely and no complaints from end users of the DVD/BDs.

While making a BD and a DVD from the same project in AW4 is not seamless, it is not difficult once you figure out how to do it.

Can't speak to Encore CS5.x - The last verison I used regularly was Encore 1.5.

Comment

• antonsvideo
      • May 2007

export from EDIUS like this, then use the files in CS4 or whatever
      Using Edius5 to export elementary stream mpeg files for Blu-ray authoring in programs such as DVDit Pro HD or Adobe Encore
      Anton Strauss
      Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• deebee69
        • May 2007

Thanks to all and especially Anton.
        I suppose Ive been a bit inspired by T5 when it comes to downconverting a Canopus HD 10920x1080 HQ avi file for making mpeg for standard DVDs.
        So I thought I would try T5 for making a HD mpeg file ready for blue ray.
        But Encore CS4 just spat that out.Once I followed Antons instructions to make the HD mpeg within Edius then Encore accepted the file with no problems.
        Subsequent blue ray was made using a lot of the original dvd menus etc in encore although I had to create a chapter playlist to recconnect the chapters to the new file/timeline HD mpeg.
        Thanks
        Edius Version 7.4.Win 7 pro
        -Dual Xeon i7 2.66 Ghz x 5550quadcore NehalemHyper/Threading.SupermicroX8DAI motherboard. 1xwestern dig 32mb cache drive.2x 1tb samsung 32mb cache sata drives. 6x 2GB DDR3 ECC RAM.nVidia-gtx 760 card.Procoder3,Prodad,New Blue,Blufftitler After Effects,cinemasuite etc.

Comment

• X-trem production
          • Dec 2010

We always finish our BD's with Antons settings ! Best Results !!!

THX to Anton from me too !

ciao
          Werner
          Werner Weißböck
          [SIZE="2"]X-trem production, Austria

Comment

• antonsvideo
            • May 2007

Originally posted by X-trem production
            We always finish our BD's with Antons settings ! Best Results !!!

THX to Anton from me too !

ciao
            Werner
            thank me with a beer or two around Xmas near your town
            Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 64GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

• X-trem production
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by antonsvideo
              thank me with a beer or two around Xmas near your town
              If you are back in Austria send me a Mail. Beer is comimg and at Xmas there are "frische Kekse von da Oma" also available.

Glad to see you again, and this time im not on "the dark side of editing" . Happy Edius User too.

Ciao
              Werner
              Werner Weißböck

Comment

• antonsvideo
                • May 2007

Originally posted by X-trem production
                "frische Kekse von da Oma"
                looks like I will gain a few kilos

and I always knew you will become an EDIUS user, because it is the easiest to learn when compared to Speed Razor and the silver thing you used thereafter
                Anton Strauss

Comment

• Zorro
                  • May 2007

I highly recommend Anton's settings. And I'm sure you'll like the speed of Edius' encoding, too ;)

Afterwards take the *.mpg file to TAW4. Best workflow I've seen so far. Customers here love it.

Comment

• X-trem production
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by antonsvideo
                    looks like I will gain a few kilos

and I always knew you will become an EDIUS user, because it is the easiest to learn when compared to Speed Razor and the silver thing you used thereafter
                    ....yup, and i didn't believe it !
                    Werner Weißböck

Comment

• AJL14
                      • Jun 2007

Anton,
                      Have you found that EDIUS 6 makes as good a BD from a 1920x1080 timeline directly as you used to suggest using TMPGe? Above you suggest how to use EDIUS to export a BD file, but then what is your recommended way to print that file to BD disk? I scanned your website again, and could not find such a tutorial, but before even trying another way, wanted to ask your opinion on 6 doing a direct BD from timeline.
                      Many thanks - and sorry I can't offer you a beer a Christmas - unless you're going to be in Maui ! ! !

Best,
                      Alan
                      Alan J. Levi
                      Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

• antonsvideo
                        • May 2007

I export from timeline direct to mpeg2 ES (super fast, uses all cores at 100%)

then I use the files in either TAW4 or DVDit Pro HD, depending on requirements

mostly I use TAW4 now for BD (excellent menu render quality) and DVD Lab Pro for DVD

The EDIUS BD Disk Burner is not using mpeg and as a result is as slow as molasses on my system so I don't use it
                        Anton Strauss

Comment

• AJL14
                          • Jun 2007

Thanks Anton. I was just getting ready to order TAW4 and decided to to see what your opinion was. Always valuable!
                          Best always,
                          Alan
                          Alan J. Levi
                          Director

SYSTEM:AsRock Z490 Taichi MB, Intel i9-10850K CPU, 64 Gig Trident 3600 RAM, Corsair HX1000W PS, nVidia RTX 3070 Video, Corsair h115i Water CPU cooler, Asus BW16-B1HT BluRay DVD, Samsung 512GB SSD boot in Swapable Tray, 2 1TB Samsung SSD video files RAID 1, 4.5TB RAID 1 Outboard backups, Behringer 2000 Audio Fader/Controller, LG 27" 4K Monitor, 2 Asus 1080 monitors.

Comment

• sachem
                            • Jan 2008

Anton did you try to make dvds from BD files in TAW4 after making your BD.
                            It's not bad at all and we can use the same chapters (copy to the clipboard /paste from the clipboard)
                            and I agree edius is the best for the speed razor users
                            sachem
                            PC PRINCIPAL: intensificateur 4k pro - edius X- maximus heroX wifi - processeur Intel I7 8700K; mémoire 16 Go SKILL - xpredator2 - corsair 650W HX
                            HDD 6x toshiba 2To révision 3 = 12 TO. RAID 10 avec 4 HDD ET RAID 1 avec 2 HDD; 1 SSD: samsung 500G pour Windows 10 et programmes; carte graphique: GTX 1060 6go BD: LG BH10 LS 30; Cyborg SAITEK
                            : SONY PMW 320 + EXI R + GH4 + GH5

Comment

• antonsvideo
                              • May 2007

no, I have not tried it for DVD since I am totally familiar with all advanced features of DVD Lab Pro, I will stick with that
                              Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...