Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a shortcut key to deselect a clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a shortcut key to deselect a clip?

I want to deselect currently selected timeline clip without picking up the mouse or having to press multiple keys.

Any ideas?
    Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Not sure if you mean to not move the mouse or even tough it, but CTRL Click or just clicking away from it will deselect it. If you want to take full advantage of Edius speed, you need to use both the mouse and keyboard.
    Last edited by GrassValley_PS; 07-26-2011, 11:16 AM.
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Yes, I mean not to have to pick up the mouse...

I did find what I thought might be a solution but it didn't work out, maybe you can help..

Browsing through the Edius 6 shortcut key list I came across "Select Clip on the Timeline Cursor (Selected Tracks)" that had no assignment.

With this I was able to move from the currently selected clip to where my cursor is which seemed perfect, since I am merely trying to add a dissolve to where my cursor is following an "M" trim.

So I assigned this new shortcut key right alongside my existing shortcut key for dissolve thinking I would soon learn to press both keys one after another instead of just the dissolve key by itself which on Edius 6 unfortunately for me always causes the dissolve to go on the beginning of a selected clip rather than where my cursor is.

However, it's not working out, in practice I can press M to trim a clip, then use the new shortcut to move selection to the next clip but then when I press my dissolve shortcut key nothing happens, if I press it twice it sometimes works. Trying to see why I noticed that "Select Clip on the Timeline Cursor (Selected Tracks)" selects the clip to the right of the cursor ok when my cursor is between clips but the the information palette is blank compared to when the same clip is manually selected with the mouse.

Oh dear, did I write all that? Sorry...
      Claire

Edius 8.53 Workgroup, DVC Built i7 5960X 8 core Haswell-E Unlocked, Win10 Pro 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, Decklink 4K Extreme 12G, TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC, Eizo 31" ColorEdge CG319X HDR 4K monitor

Comment

there seems to be something strange going on

when I press Ctrl+M the clip is trimmed and following clip follows as it should, then I press Ctrl+P the transition is added at the cursor position

can you describe what happens when you do that

are you by any chance in that deadly ripple mode?
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Anton, it's nothing to do with "Ripple Mode", it's to do with "Toggle Extend Clips when applying transition". If this is ticked it works as you describe, if not then unless the clips are already trimmed back the dissolve goes onto the cut point one clip before it's expected to land.

To be honest I have tried working with ripple mode off and the toggle extend ticked and the extra ALT needed for the M key and it drives me crazy. I can get back to my once productive workflow if I can just find a key to deselect the clip left selected by the M key as then the dissolve always goes where expected, as in Edius 5.
          Claire

Comment

you can use N and M for ripple trim when ripple mode is off

all you need to do is remap the Alt+N to N and Alt+M to M
            Anton Strauss
            Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Working...
            X