Batch Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Conversions

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me here. I do a lot of video editing and use Edius 6. I have a Canon XF300 camera which creates mxf files which I simply import into Edius 6. I have to create 2 versions of each video: 1 at 1920 x 1080 with a bit rate of 8000kbps and then another version of the same video at 1280 x 720 with a bit rate of 4000kbps. These are wmv video files that I create.

The problem is that it's becoming very time consuming for me having to create 2 versions of each video manually. I noticed that there is a batch conversion option with Edius 6 but I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. Basically what I want to do is create lots of videos at 1920 x 1080 with a bit rate of 8000kbps and then put them all in a folder and get Edius 6 to batch convert them (if that's possible) at 1280 x 720. I hope this is possible. If it is I would appreciate some really simple instructions on how to do this. I'm rather a basic beginner type editor so please make all instructions very simple. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Marlowe

Hi Steven.

Just lay out all your clips in the timeline, set your I/O markers for your first clip do your export as normal but choose add to batch, then just move along the timeline and do the same for each clip. As you will see this is still very time consuming, but you can at least walk away from the machine as it goes through the export list. For doing precise single clip exports where you need to trim down a single clip/rush to an exact time/portion, this is the only way. There are other external and GV ways of doing batch conversion for video files, although these can be done by simply populating a folder or "watch folder". The process will convert the whole file and not just the parts needed.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Thanks very much for taking the time to help with this. I've followed your simple instructions and can now batch convert the videos. You're right it's a bit time-consuming but it will save me a lot of time to do it like this so it's a big help. Thanks again for your help.

Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
      Hi Steven.

Just lay out all your clips in the timeline, set your I/O markers for your first clip do your export as normal but choose add to batch, then just move along the timeline and do the same for each clip. As you will see this is still very time consuming, but you can at least walk away from the machine as it goes through the export list. For doing precise single clip exports where you need to trim down a single clip/rush to an exact time/portion, this is the only way. There are other external and GV ways of doing batch conversion for video files, although these can be done by simply populating a folder or "watch folder". The process will convert the whole file and not just the parts needed.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

One quick tip for setting a bunch of In and Out points as Dave is talking about, is to make sure the track is selected where the clips are positioned and then simply double click above the clip. Edius will automatically set the In and Out for the length of that clip. It also works for gaps between clips.
        1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. Much appreciated.

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
          One quick tip for setting a bunch of In and Out points as Dave is talking about, is to make sure the track is selected where the clips are positioned and then simply double click above the clip. Edius will automatically set the In and Out for the length of that clip. It also works for gaps between clips.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_PS View Post
            Hi Pat.

Good call, I had assumed he wanted to do trimmed versions of the clips and not the whole clips. Maybe a future update request would be being able to set any of the Edius export codecs as the target for doing exports from the bin. At least this way could bypass setting I/O's in the timeline for whole clip exports using the batch function, and would take only a few seconds to set up as many clips as what are in your bins.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Working...
            X