No announcement yet.

Are there differences in rendering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did some more testing. Nothing complicated. I use HDV encoded as HQ fine with images over them. I made some large jpgs into bmps, which can only help, and used those on the time line.

Added a Layouter 2D tilt down to the clip and I rendered Shift Q which worked fine. I timed that section as 27 secs to render and a few more to add clip to time line.

Note: The timeline would not playback real time with with either file format (images of 3600 x 2400 more or less) once I added the Layouter move...see signature for "old system" specs...that's why I don't mind rendering when I need to. I run a buffer of 169 frames which normally suffices in my 1440 x 1080 projects.

I removed the render and then redid the render with Alt Shift Q and that took slightly longer...30 secs to render...but of course no addition of clip to timeline.

Worked fine also...no problems either way.

So why does one take longer than the other or is that my imagination overworked on a hot day?

And, is there a way to "remove" the rendered section that I made with Alt Shift Q if I desire? Since there's no representation of this render on the time line, there's no easy way to get at it for removal.
    Documentaries and Art Projects
    Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
    windows 10
    284 gb SSD boot drive
    2 TB work disc
    2TB storage disc
    EDIUS 9.52.6031
    Many external project hard drives

Comment

Originally posted by Tobe View Post
      I did some more testing. Nothing complicated. I use HDV encoded as HQ fine with images over them. I made some large jpgs into bmps, which can only help, and used those on the time line.

Added a Layouter 2D tilt down to the clip and I rendered Shift Q which worked fine. I timed that section as 27 secs to render and a few more to add clip to time line.

Note: The timeline would not playback real time with with either file format (images of 3600 x 2400 more or less) once I added the Layouter move...see signature for "old system" specs...that's why I don't mind rendering when I need to. I run a buffer of 169 frames which normally suffices in my 1440 x 1080 projects.

I removed the render and then redid the render with Alt Shift Q and that took slightly longer...30 secs to render...but of course no addition of clip to timeline.

Worked fine also...no problems either way.

So why does one take longer than the other or is that my imagination overworked on a hot day?

And, is there a way to "remove" the rendered section that I made with Alt Shift Q if I desire? Since there's no representation of this render on the time line, there's no easy way to get at it for removal.
      Hi Tobe.

I think the assumption is that when you render, you really do need the subsequent temp render file for your timeline to play in realtime. There would not be a visual reference to the temp as it is meant to be a seamless process in the back ground, who's only use is to help play a section of timeline in realtime. On this basis, there would be no real need to see or manipulate the temp file, at least this is my understanding of the process, maybe Steve or Pat could shine a light. If you really need access to the temps for any reason, you could always go and trawl through the temp folder at all the weirdly named files until you find the the right one or ones.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

You can configure how render files are handled when invalid in the user settings. Also you can delete the render files anytime you choose from the render options if for some reason you have an issue or just want a fresh render prior to export. You should not need more access than this...as Dave says it is seemless mostly in the background.

Best
        Dave.
        Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
        www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Thanks to all the "Daves" (and more) for the help.
          Tobe
          Documentaries and Art Projects
          Hudson Valley, NY

i7 8700K @ 3.70 Ghz/16 gb RAM
          windows 10
          284 gb SSD boot drive
          2 TB work disc
          2TB storage disc
          EDIUS 9.52.6031
          Many external project hard drives

Comment

Working...