X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost full screen preview in Edius 6

Greetings all,

I was editing a AVCHD project in full 1920 x 1080p 24p where I have to grab
    a lot of still frames so going slowly though certain segments frame by frame at - full quality - so seeing the full resolution image on a big monitor is important to find sharp in focus frames without motion blur.

Some how while editing I did SOMETHING bad and hit a key command or something... I don't know what I did, but I have lost my ability to double click the editing window and have it go full screen. This is driving me mad. I am editing on one 30 inch LG LCD full 1080p monitor.... I have always been able to do this before and it's one of the things I love about edius 6.. and now it has gone away and I have no idea why.

System:
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, Quad core 3.2 i7, ati radeon 4850 HD X2, 12 gigs ram, 6 2 tb drives.

Under the View menu, where it says full screen preview, it used to have all monitors highlighted, it now has them all preyed out and I can't select anything.

Help this is driving me crazy. I am used to just double clicking and watching full screen. I am in the standard layout. What could be causing this?

I did add a 2nd ati 5830 graphics card for calculations (bitcoin) but it's not
    even selected as a system display, only the 4850 x2 is. I tried disabling it even in case that was the caise, but still no full screen. I double click on the scrub window (single window layout) and nada.. just a green line.

Any help asap appreciated as I have lots of stills to pull.

Maybe they are disabled in the settings.
    Go in to user settings,
    Preview,
    Fullscreen preview and select the monitor you want preview on or set both on auto.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

I found this RIGHT before you posted this.....

I was going crazy going through SETTINGS.... changing and puling in and out video cards.... turning off overclocking.... bajezzus..

it was in USER settings...

Wonder how it got shut off in the first place.. is there a function key or key combo that does that?

Well at least I know where it is now. Good lord was that driving me nuts.

Thanks for helping though hopefully this thread will save someone else.

Comment

this also happens to me few times, just wondering if there is a kboard shortcut that disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
          I found this RIGHT before you posted this.....

I was going crazy going through SETTINGS.... changing and puling in and out video cards.... turning off overclocking.... bajezzus..

it was in USER settings...

Wonder how it got shut off in the first place.. is there a function key or key combo that does that?

Well at least I know where it is now. Good lord was that driving me nuts.

Thanks for helping though hopefully this thread will save someone else.
          LOL !!!!! you just described my usual situation when I have induced pilot error some way at no fault of Edius... Sometimes I never find out how I did it or how I could be so stupid... We all have days like this. Hopefully they do not come very often. Many times I find the answer just after someone like Pat or Anton gives me the answer.

You made my day.. best laugh I have had in awhile.

Take care

Ronnie
          Ronnie Martin
          Kato Video Productions
          main system: custom built by Edit HD Ultma 277,Intel (R) core (TM) i7 2600K cpu 3.40 GHz 3.40Ghz, 16GB ram, Windows 7, Intel HD (R) graphics 3000, NVIDA Gforce GT 440, C drive Samsung SSD 850 pro, video drive WD 3TB SATA, 2 LG Bluray drives, External WD SATA 2TB storage/backup drives in thermaltake Black device. edius 8.3 WG

Comment

Even though I do not have this kind of trouble, I'm not laughing...

I had Edius 6.01 Trial installed on 32-bit Win XP with then-latest ATI catalyst drivers for my HD4670 512MB gfx card and I was able to have smooth 50 fps full screen HD preview on the second monitor via HDMI in 720p 50Hz or 1080i 25Hz with a small glitch here and there...I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7 Ultimate with latest ATI drivers and installed Edius 6.03 trial on it and now smooth HD playback is GONE although my processor (Dual Core Intel, 4GB RAM) is only 30% occupied and there are actually no dropped frames...only my test DV (SD) projects on the second screen, set to 720x576, are 50 fps-smooth, no hickups, no tearing, but squished vertically since GPU scaling is now disabled in Catalyst!?!...bringing the screen res up to 720p 50Hz introduces stuttering, and 1080i 25Hz support is ALL GONE (probably has nothing to do with EDIUS)...

so whatever happened with the beautifuly smooth second monitor playback found on XP? Would a 1GB gfx card assure smooth playback on second monitor with EDIUS on Win 7 (which probably eats video RAM even with Aero disabled)? What renderer is now used for full-screen preview since overlay support seems to be gone, probably has something to do with the new EVR rendering system in Win 7?...(however, playing anything on the second screen from a DVD or media player software via EVR is smooth, though, so not everything is broken!!!...

I know I should really get at least an HD Spark for desktop system but IT WORKED SMOOTHLY BEFORE, same EDIUS version, same hardware, and would also like to have this sorted out for some dislocated, but "no-proxy" laptop editing previewed on a TV via HDMI so I need to know whether I'd need to get a laptop with 1GB RAM to get it working smoothly?...

any thoughts on this? more video RAM, more system RAM or just sit and cry?

Thanks...

Comment

There is no support for trial version to make this clear.
              It could be that your system is under powered for windows 7. In your comparison you forget to add that you use a different OS and that could be the problem if your system doesnot have the grunt to run windows 7 for a good working NLE.
              Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 09-02-2011, 03:43 PM.
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Thanks!

I did mention I swicthed from Win Xp 32-bit to Win 7 (64-bit) when the prob started to occur...that will be the OS of choice on the future laptop also...I wasn't expecting support, just some guidelines and experiences form members also, in regard to whether a 1GB gfx would solve the playback issue under Win 7 so I can purchase a new laptops system knowing it would work...current dual core processor is only 30% in use when playing one track of XDCAM EX, no effects...i expect to render any effects before preview...

thx and cheers

Comment

Note: PC monitors are a waste for displaying video

your money will be better spent buying the EDIUS6/Spark bundle, then connect to Spark via HDMI to a proper TV mon

but I can assure you that full screen playback works fine on my mon2 or mon1 when connected to 1GB nvidia based card as seen in my signature
                  Anton Strauss
                  Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
                    Note: PC monitors are a waste for displaying video
                    For the OP, I agree. In my case, I'm not sure that's true. I do a lot of cutting and mixing of 1080p60 footage where frame-rate matters (sports) a lot more than accurate colors. [My daughter frequently steps through her dives a frame at a time.]

your money will be better spent buying the EDIUS6/Spark bundle, then connect to Spark via HDMI to a proper TV mon

but I can assure you that full screen playback works fine on my mon2 or mon1 when connected to 1GB nvidia based card as seen in my signature
                    In my case, I just bought a Samsung P2370HD to use as a second monitor that is hooked up to my Spark which I'll use when I create my Christmas Bluray/DVDs, is also hooked up via DVI as a second monitor (which I use for the p60 footage), and is also connected to my Hauppauge Colossus for capture work.

I have no problems using the second monitor as a full-screen display for my p60 work and I'm using a 1GB ATI card. I echo Anton -- this should work fine.

-Dave
                    2950X 32GB Win10, Gigabyte GTX 970 (IXOC), dual EA275UHD, QNAP 873 (w/10GbE). Video source typically HC-X1 or Panny TM700; Audio DR-701D and Rode NT4. Edius 8.5 WG w/ Vistitle & TmpGenC.

Comment

Thanks

Work I intend to do is not time-critical, all finesse would be added after the cut, smooth preview on a separate big screen is mostly for the author not having to lean over my shoulder to preview the cuts with the fully smooth impression...hdspark would be great for this, sure, but the laptop is bugging me since we'll be reviewing and cutting dailies in the evenings for a project...well, I will try to ask in the shop to allow me to install edius trial on a 1Gb gfx test laptop, if they have one, and see how it goes...
                      Last edited by MytByte; 09-03-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X