Edius V5.5 Video layout problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius V5.5 Video layout problem

I seem to have reset my default video layout to show all my clips to lean left and I do not know how to rest it back to normal. Can anyone help please because each time that I put a dissolve between certain clips they all make my sea look as if it is emptying downhill to the left!
    Kind regards
    Chris Abram

that can be done by going to layout and clicking reset all or reset all values manually, then click save as default at bottom left of layouter
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Edius 5.5 layout problem

Thank you Anton. However, my problem is that after doing exactly what you say I still end up with my reset picture being tilted. It is as if I have somehow corrupted my video layout master. I know that I have been using 3D P in P quite a lot. Could that have anything to do with it?
      It is driving me nuts as I am making a double dvd and the material is over two hours long already.
      Kind regards
      Chris Abram

Comment

tilted? that is a feature of the EDIUS 6 layout

in E5 you only have position and size?

can I see a screenshot of your layout tool open with all settings visible

have you tried clicking reset all and the save as default? you need to do this to all clips already affected in E5

in E6 you could do that in one hit
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro

Comment

Edius V5.5 Video layout

Thank you Anton.
          The problem arises because I am using 3D P in P and dissolve between each clip. Some of my clips are slightly tilted, believe it or not the bubble on my tripod does not give me a level camera, so if I correct the clip using 3D P in P and then apply dissolves through a whole sequence whose clips only have Video Layout set I get the 3D PinP attributes on them all.
          I wish that Grass Valley would give us an option NOT to apply one clips' attributes to ALL in a sequence.
          Problem solved now by going back to old fashioned A/B editing!
          Many thanks for your help.
          Chris Abram

Comment

this is normal when using dissolves and 3D PIP

you would have to use opacity dissolves in AB style editing to avoid this

do you know what I mean by opacity dissolves and AB style?

or in EDIUS6, the layouter offers rotation in subpixel increments and you won't have that problem
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Working...
            X