X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    I'm curious - to anyone that experiences this issue - have you, or do you make frequent use of the timeline scale keyboard shortcuts?

(e.g. CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3 etc.)
    + and - keys and custom zoom shortcuts F9 - F12

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
    I'm curious - to anyone that experiences this issue - have you, or do you make frequent use of the timeline scale keyboard shortcuts?

I have the +- keys as shortcuts to zooming the timeline in and out and use them a lot but today I watched carefully as I opened a project not yet opened with Edius 5.1c upgrade, it was made with the previous version... and lo and behold without touching a thing the track mapping was wrong, it looked identical to StormDave's screenshot just posted and I never left it this way...

Yes, I had noticed this happen after upgrading whenever I opened one of my previous projects but until now thought it was my fault, now I have an open mind!

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_KH
    replied

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    I often change clip audio properties to monaural1 or 2, maybe this is the trigger for the problem, I never touch the mapping keyboard shortcuts

my problem is exactly the same as seen in STORMEDAVE screenshot

Leave a comment:

• skier-hughes
    replied
    I've just spent half an hour dropping and clearing and redropping about 80 clips onto various VA tracks and they all just go exactly where they are told.

Graham

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE View Post
    If you go to the left of the timeline and look for a tiny capital A; right click on it and select 'clear all tracks', then you will be able to place your audio wherever you desire. In spite of what it sounds like, it will not delete any clips that you currently have on the timeline.

Ted
    This is why I said keyboard shortcut will help speedup your editing, you have to hover your mouse over to the tyni capital A then right mouse click then select clear all tracks, if you know your shortcut, just press 9 and it will clear all tracks.

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Originally posted by Khoi Pham View Post
    Oh boy, if you learn or mapped your keyboard shortcut to your preference, you should be able to edit 20 times faster, and that is no joke.
    I have been and am still using Adobe Premiere, while learning a new program and keeping up with my work load. I definitely think the track mapping happens randomly, since this was happening already when I first got the Edius editing system and I didn't use any shortcuts at all. I am familiar with shortcuts in Adobe Premiere and will hopefully become familiar with the Edius ones as well.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• COMPLETE VIDEO IMAGE
    replied
    Originally posted by EasternSP View Post
    Ok, I have been working through a one hour video with well over a hundred individual clips, all with audio. I have 5 video tracks open but only VA 1&2 have audio enabled. I have been able to drag each clip to VA line 1 then separate them as I desire. Tonight, I turn on the machine to resume my work, but now I drag a clip to VA 1 and only the audio goes there and the video goes to Title Track 2. I have tried dragging video clips that I have already placed on the VA 1 last night, but they separate as well to the same places. How do I get this back to the regular way where I can drop a video clip on VA1?
    I'm still using EP3.
    If you go to the left of the timeline and look for a tiny capital A; right click on it and select 'clear all tracks', then you will be able to place your audio wherever you desire. In spite of what it sounds like, it will not delete any clips that you currently have on the timeline.

Ted

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_MD
    replied
    Can you explain to me where the default shortcut key is since I have not created any keyboard shortcuts on my computer.

Ted

When a audio track is selected if you press the "1" on the keyboard it will map the first channel to track one.

I do not want to discount the fact that a bug could exist but I wonder if some of it could be a key stroke since it is so easy.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    Ok, I think I found it. There is a small v window on each VA track. Somehow mine got clicked off, but I'm still not sure why video was going to the Title track. Remember now, I'm still using EP3.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Originally posted by STORMDAVE View Post
    I think this just started happening to me...

Randomly, track mapping will turn on and it will look something like this:

I have to turn it off (Clear all)
    I have been editing with 4.51c for a week now and have not seen it, could it be that because I only use 1 1VA track and the rest I split the audio to audio track.

Leave a comment:

• STORMDAVE
    replied
    Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
    at least 10 times per day, for no reason at all, track mapping enables itself (audio lands on A1 track), it happens when dragging a clip from bin to timeline VA tracks

I then have to hit undo, then clear all tracks, then drag clip again and all is well until the next incident

I have not figured out the exact thing I maybe doing that could cause this

has anyone else seen this happen?
    I think this just started happening to me...

Randomly, track mapping will turn on and it will look something like this:

I have to turn it off (Clear all)

Leave a comment:

• EasternSP
    replied
    Remapped

Ok, I have been working through a one hour video with well over a hundred individual clips, all with audio. I have 5 video tracks open but only VA 1&2 have audio enabled. I have been able to drag each clip to VA line 1 then separate them as I desire. Tonight, I turn on the machine to resume my work, but now I drag a clip to VA 1 and only the audio goes there and the video goes to Title Track 2. I have tried dragging video clips that I have already placed on the VA 1 last night, but they separate as well to the same places. How do I get this back to the regular way where I can drop a video clip on VA1?
    I'm still using EP3.
    Last edited by EasternSP; 08-22-2007, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Khoi Pham
    replied
    Can you explain to me where the default shortcut key is since I have not created any keyboard shortcuts on my computer.

Ted
    Oh boy, if you learn or mapped your keyboard shortcut to your preference, you should be able to edit 20 times faster, and that is no joke.

Leave a comment:

• GrassValley_BH
    replied
    Application Settings | Customize | Keyboard shortcut

There are many default shortcuts. And you can use the tool in the sticky to translate your exported settings to human-readable text.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X