Problem with HDV Capture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerry,

I see that you mentioned that you capture HDV using the Intensity Pro card. Do you do this using BM's own capture software or have you found a way of using it directly from Edius? Also, have you found a way of using the Intensity card for monitoring, either using the composite or HDMI outputs, from within Edius?

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
      Jerry,

I see that you mentioned that you capture HDV using the Intensity Pro card. Do you do this using BM's own capture software or have you found a way of using it directly from Edius? Also, have you found a way of using the Intensity card for monitoring, either using the composite or HDMI outputs, from within Edius?

Geoff
      No, Intensity does NOT work with Edius, no way no how. However, the files do as long as you have the correct codecs on that particular machine.

I have two different systems that are on a gigabit network. I capture with
      Premiere Pro CS3 and can use the file wherever. I either capture uncompressed or motion jpeg. Both work well in Edius. As I said, if I have too
      many layers I just convert in the bin to HQ. Since it is already 1920x1080, the HQ file becomes 1920x1080. This reduces the effort that Edius has to put out in 1920x1080 preset. If the file is 1440x1080 it has to upconvert on the fly.
      The Blackmagic MJPG codec runs pretty close to the HQ file, as far as RT, in Edius. Close but not exactly.
      I just prefer to use the square pixel setting.
      If we could get a card from GV that would do this, I think it would be well received( SDI, HDMI).
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, Corsair H110, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, HD Spark, Intensity Shuttle, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Benq 27 and Hanns-G 28 monitors, CC 2019, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

If you try a different format to capture to it doesn't work... Always try to match the capture type to the original :)

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X