Multicam - Video only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicam - Video only

How do I edit video only in multicam mode (couldn't find in manual)
    thanks in advance
    john

F8 or menu MODE>MULTICAM
    Paranova Films
    Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

yes F8 gets me to multicam, however it always wants to cut audio with the video. muting audio or the a key doesn't prevent this problem....

Comment

Just drag or copy the audio to an audio track or tracks and mulitcam edit away.
        Edius Workgroup 9, Edius X Workgroup, Gigabyte X299 UD4, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64.0 GB Corsair Memory, Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Comment

What do you want to do with the audio? If you just want a normal multicam edit look at this screen shot.

You will notice that the cuts(red lines) are not on the audio tracks.
          Last edited by Jerry; 12-11-2011, 08:56 PM.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanx..... I just needed (as James said) to move the audios down into their own tracks. appreciate your help!!
            john

Comment

Originally posted by trottnow View Post
              yes F8 gets me to multicam, however it always wants to cut audio with the video. muting audio or the a key doesn't prevent this problem....
              As some stated you could put copies of the audio down in the A tracks. When I set up a multicam project I set up the timeline to only have V and A tracks separated. That way my audio drops down appropriately. If you set the audio tracks to stereo instead of split mono you get one audio track for each video track. Then when all is synced up on the timeline you can ungroup them tracks with the ungroup button in the upper left and when you start cutting your video with multicam the audio stays in one piece and is not affected by the multicam cuts. I will be showing some of this in my video tutorial on multicam coming up in a few weeks. I'm glad you brought this up as it reminded me to show the process of getting the clips to the time line so the audio is not sliced up with the video.
              Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

I edit multicam on the VA tracks so that I can ensure that if I have sync problems I have a reference to sync back to for any clip. I first sync up the tracks then I export the audio of each of the tracks and do my audio editing in Vegas as I mix with other sources there too. Video frame sync is not audio sync as audio in the seperate video streams does not always sync with the video frame sync. Vegas can correct this moving to the audio clock for sync not the video frame sync. I use the closeup camera as the sync reference ( important for lip sync of actors). Then bring back in the mixed audio track to an audio track. All the audio on the VA tracks is always muted in editing.

Ron Evans
                Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

The audio can be done the same way with just V tracks and A tracks. And there is also sub frame audio adjustment.
                  1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Yes I understand. Lots of ways of doing things. But I like to see the audio next to the video rather than looking down to find it in the audio tracks. For me video has audio with it and V tracks are for graphics and titles. Also although Edius can move the audio its waveform is so poor that it is not possible to sync at the audio sample level or stretch or compress a track to match other audio tracks the way Vegas can do easily. Also when I bring the audio track back in I only have 1 premixed audio track to see. I can create several mixes if I need to as well. For me a lot easier, VA tracks of camera sources and 1 audio track, normally 3 or 4 V tracks for graphics and titles.

Ron Evans
                    Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Working...
                    X