Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make telephone effect?

Hi all

Just want to know how to make telephone effect for the sound that I have captured via mic in Edius 6.
    I already searched the forum and found someone answered like this.

Originally posted by Geoff View Post
    Telephone circuit bandwidth is limited to 300-3000Hz (sometimes 300-2750Hz) so you can simulate the sound by reducing the audio bandwidth captured on camera by means of suitable audio filters within the editing program, try giving it a rising response - say +6dB - over the 300-3000Hz passband.

Geoff
    but for me, it's still not clear enough. anybody can help me? thanks in advance

What kind of telephone call do you want to emulate? Old analog using carbon microphones and magnetic diaphram earpieces, or modern cell phones, local call or long distance with echo, etc.?

Comment

Try using the Izotope Mastering EQ that comes with Edius.

There is a telephone preset in the drop down menu which is very good.
      Attached Files
      Edius 8.53WG, Vistitle 2.8, Windows 10 x64 Pro Fall Update, Asus Z87 Pro, Intel i7-4770K, 16 GB 1600 Corsair Vengence LP RAM, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB, WD Black 2TB media drive, Intel HD 4600 GPU, MSI GTX660 2GB VGA, Coolermaster Silencio 652 case, Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler, Cakewalk UA-25EX USB audio interface, Cakewalk MA-15D monitor speakers, BM Intensity Pro 4K, PlextorPX-LB950SA BD writer, Dell U2410 Monitor

Comment

I used the EQ from the Edius audio filters and ...can't quite remember what I did, but I know I pulled down a few of the band sliders until I got the sound I wanted.....worked real cool too.........think it was all the low band, and all the high band, and pushed up the three in the middle.....can't quite remember, since it was a one or two times shot.......Maybe Anton can give clearer instructions......

Comment

Working...
        X