Need help with Quick Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Quick Time

I searched the forum for this, but couldn't find the answer.

Have Version 5 of Edius on HP Pavillion Laptop. Worked fine for years. I added a new software (shape collage) and it either asked me or said I had to install a newer version of Quick Time (7.65.17.80).

Anyway, and most of you are ahead of me, my quick time files won't play on the Edius timeline. You can see the video, but the audio is screeched out. I have a project coming up where I shot a fair amount of video with my fujifilm camera (quick time files), so I need to fix.

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to fix, I would be very appreciative.

Jim

Install the QuickTime version off of your EDIUS install disc
    1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Give some specs on the computer and the exact Edius version. Did you install the latest version of QT? Do you have QT Pro?
      Jerry
      Six Gill DV
      www.sgdvtutorials.com
      If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
      http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks both of you for your help. I'm recuperating from eye surgery; that's why I'm so slow to respond. Here's what I did.

1. First, I uninstalled the newer version of QT listed above, and then installed QT 7.5, which was on my Edius DVD. It also had QT 7.2, but I installed QT 7.5.

2. I opened up a project file, but video clips did not work. The video shows fine, but there's a horrible noise for audio. These were video clips I shot a month ago. Most, but not all, were HD. I think the only ones I tried today were HD.

3. Next, I opened a new project file, and used the month-old clips. Same results as above.

4. Then, I shot 2 new clips, one standard definition, one HD. They both worked fine, except that the HD was stuttering some, not surprisingly. Converted it to Canopus Lossless and it worked fine.

It seems like it works now, but that some of the older clips do not. These clips were taken at my nephew's graduation and my granddaughter's kindergarten graduation. The ones I shot today work fine. Somehow, I corrupted them somehow, or the loud ambient noise of the hall made that horrible screeching sound (Don't think that's it, though.). Maybe there's still a fix.

When my eye gets better from the surgery(much better than a week ago), I'll have to read up on my camera. I also need to install the Fujifilm software, and see if I can convert or otherwise fix those clips there. It's a Fujifilm finepix HS 20, which came out about two months ago.

Here's the info on my computer:
        HP Pavillion dv9500, 32 bits
        Core2 Duo T7700, 2.4 GHz.
        4GB RAM
        Windows Vista Home Premium, Service Pack 2
        Edius 5.01

Let me know if you have other things to try, or know what I'm doing wrong. Thank you again for your help.

Jim

Comment

I noticed that you have Edius 5.01.. You need to update that to edius 5.51 ASAP. It may help, it may not. But, there were a lot of fixes between 5.1 and 5.51.
          Being that you have 5.01 you will need to update to 5.1 first and then update to 5.51.
          Jerry
          Six Gill DV
          www.sgdvtutorials.com
          If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
          http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
          Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Thanks, Jerry, I'll try that.

One thing I forgot to try last night but tried this morning is this: I opened a QT file (that wouldn't play in Edius) in QT player and it worked fine. That is great news! Especially when I get Edius to play it properly.

Jim

Comment

Working...
            X