Type of Memory and Video Card for Edius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of Memory and Video Card for Edius

Looking to put together a new system for Edius. Is Edius finicky with regard to memory?
    What types of memory work well with Edius? Brands to avoid?

Same question for Video Card. I don't plan on running an NX card.

Thanks,

jim
    Vista 64 * Asus P6* Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz CPU * 12 gigs Corsair * Nvidia GTX 275 * WD 150 gig 10,000 rpm System drive * (2) Hitachi 750 gig Video drives * (2) WD 1 TB Video drives * HD Spark * Edius 6.02, Imaginate, Adobe AE, Photoshop, Illustrator

Memory

HI Julian,

Go with Crucial memory chips. They are one of the few suppliers that actually manufacture the chips, in fact they make a large proportion of ram for the top pc manufacturers. Go on their web site, follow online instructions, and they will arrive in the post next day. Very reliable and stable. Do not buy cheap imitations. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by JimJulian View Post
      Looking to put together a new system for Edius. Is Edius finicky with regard to memory?
      What types of memory work well with Edius? Brands to avoid?

Same question for Video Card. I don't plan on running an NX card.

Thanks,

jim
      What type of computer are you building? Are you going to use consumer line CPU's (Core 2 Quad/Duo etc) or server line (Xeons etc)? If Consumer, then I highly recommend OCZ. Everything I've built I used OCZ with zero problems.

Check out these from Buy.com, if you get two of these kits, you'll have 4GB of RAM (Although under a 32bit OS, it will only show 3GB...but even a single kit is enough). Click here.

As for a video card, since you're a Canopus user, are you going to need Xplode Pro 4.5 to be realtime? If this does not matter to you, then go with the latest 8800 series from nVidia. Skip ATI. IF you want Xplode to be realtime, you need to get an older generation ATI card, such as X800XL, or even an X1950 (I have the X1900 on my Mac and it works in RT, but some effects have problems. Just get the X800XL, and you'll have the ability to upgrade later).

Comment

Working...
      X