Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

from SVCHD to BD: I have got overexposure. Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from SVCHD to BD: I have got overexposure. Why?

Hi, I use Edius 6 and on the Timeline I have have a proect with AVCHD files.
    My project look very fine but when I have burned a BD (bue-ray) by Burn on DVD option, I have got a overexposure (the images are a little bit whiter). Why I have this problem? Is it normal? Can I solve this problem?
    Thanks
    A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
    CPU: Intel i9 7940X
    MOTHERBOARD: Asus PRIME X299-DELUXE
    VIDEOCARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti
    SSD Drive:
    (C) 512GB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe (for Windows 10)
    (D) 1TB Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2 NVMe

Sounds like a shift in gamma.

Comment

Are you monitoring on the same device? Actually how are you monitoring your timeline... a computer monitor or....?

Is the player HDTV setup correctly.

Best
      Dave.
      Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
      www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

Originally posted by NakedEye View Post
        Are you monitoring on the same device? Actually how are you monitoring your timeline... a computer monitor or....?
        I use the computer monitor. ok, it gives less less bright, I know it but when I see the film on TV Sony Full HD 46" it looks too much bright.

Is the player HDTV setup correctly.
        Sure!
        A lonesome traveler looking for lost tribes around the world: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdv...DrZCaaw/videos
        SSD Drive:

Comment

You can't use a computer monitor to monitor your edit, any color adjustment or brightness you do according to that monitor is wrong because computer monitor is in different color space than TV, and then even if you monitor your editing with a TV, your TV needs to be calibrated so that any adjustment you do to your footage is correct, your problem is the way you monitor your editing, not conversion to Blu-ray.
          I7-6900K, X99 Taichi, Geforce GTX 1070, Corsair RM850X, Corsair H100 IV2, Windows 10, Edius WG 9.30

Comment

Khoi is right. Monitor DVD & Blu-ray video via an Edius output card to a television or production monitor and monitor internet video on your computer monitor. T.V.s use the YUV color space and computers use the RGB color space. They are different and can result in under or over exposed looking mismatches.

What I do is expose for television playback using an NX card and bump up the levels (checking on th Edius playback window) for internet use.
            Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
              What I do is expose for television playback using an NX card and bump up the levels (checking on th Edius playback window) for internet use.
              Me too, I have Canopus NX PCI Express but I don't see that option. Could you tell me where is Edius playback window, please?
              Thanks
              SSD Drive:

Comment

o.k. So you have a computer monitor hooked up to the output of the NX card via component connection? If so maybe your monitor is altering the YUV output of the NX back to its native color space, RGB. Just a guess...

When I say Edius preview window I mean the window in the Edius software which is on my computer monitor. So in my mind, the NX output is for T.V. and the computer monitor preview is for internet.
                Asus Prime X299-A - Intel i9 7900x all cores @4.3GHz 2 cores @4.5GHz - 32GB RAM - NVidia GTX1070 - Edius 9 WG - BM Intensity 4k - Boris RED - Vitascene 2 - Windows 10

Comment

Hi Ulisse

Unfortunately the NX driver for E6 is not yet here.... but you dont have long to wait as they are coming with the next update due very soon according to posts by GV staff on this forum.

What you may be able to do temporarily is to set your graphics card to YPbPr 16-235 colour space for the output to your monitor, most Nvidia cards allow this in their control panel under video/HDTV color settings. This should give a reasonable starting point when using Edius 6 full screen preview....not a substitute for proper calibration or your NX. I don't know about ATI.

Screen shot attached.

Best
                  Dave.
                  Attached Files
                  Main Editor - Edius 8.53 AdobeCC Mini Monitor 4K Intel X99P SLI Intel Core i7 6800K CPU Gigabyte GTX980 SanDisk Ultra Video SSD 1XINTEL System SSD 16GB Kingston DDR4 2400 RAM VisTitle 2.8 Onboard Sound 10GBE LAN WIN10Pro 64bit

Encoding - Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT Intel 4790K CPU Gigabyte GTX550Ti Gigabyte GTX980 Western Digital HDD's LG Blu-ray drive, 16GB Kingston DDR3 1600 RAM BMD Mini Monitor 4K Edius 8.53 Creative Cloud Win 10 64bit Pro
                  www.nakedeyedv.com

Comment

What you may be able to do temporarily is to set your graphics card to YPbPr 16-235 colour space for the output to your monitor, most Nvidia cards allow this in their control panel under video/HDTV color settings. This should give a reasonable starting point when using Edius 6 full screen preview..
                    Dave, your post is very interesting. Thanks for your precious news.
                    SSD Drive:

Comment

Working...
                    X