X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I use Edius 10 hours a day -- 365.

Sadly as Anton said
    "I personally don't like the extra steps of all day long enabling and disabling track patches".

Are you guys saying this is an immutable part of the new workflow and we should love or lump it?
    EDIUS WG 10.20.7821, VisTitle 2.956, Windows 10 Pro 21H1
    Asus ROG Strix X570F, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz, 32GB DDR4 3600MHz, RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    NVMe SSD 500GB system drive, NVMe SSD 2TB work drive, 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage
    DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K into JVC DT-V24L1

Yes this is the workflow of EDIUS 6.
    But depending on needs you don't have to do much enabling or disabling.
    Remember that 7 and 8 are the keyboard shorts .

Arrow up and down move the track patches.
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-06-2011, 10:53 PM.
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Call me weird but as an editor I prefer fewer keystrokes and such.
      Asus ROG Strix X570F, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core 4.30 GHz, 32GB DDR4 3600MHz, RTX 2060 Super 8GB
      NVMe SSD 500GB system drive, NVMe SSD 2TB work drive, 6 x 4TB IronWolf Pro in RAID5 storage

Comment

That's not weird. I do understand where you are coming form, but in order to expand our usability within different Broadcast and Production environments we needed to add this functionality.

Due to the depth of the changes we could not keep the whole old workflow.

I know it is different and may require a bit more strokes sometimes but I think that if you try to work within the EDIUS 6 workflow it will become second nature.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
          I know it is different and may require a bit more strokes sometimes ...
          Sometimes? For most editors, that would be pretty much ALL THE TIME, unless I'm missing something. I would like to second Anton's request of "a user selectable on/off option (use or don't use track patches)". I think this would be relatively easy to implement, would it not?

Can you PLEASE pass this on to the engineers so that we might see it in a future 6.x release. It may not seem like much when you do it just a few times, but when you are doing it for many hours a day, those little clicks not only add up to a LOT OF WASTED TIME, but also becomes quite annoying both mentally AND physically.

I work in After Effects about 10-12 hours a day sometimes, and the smallest of "ergonomic feature" improvements over the versions has saved me thousands of dollars in time (easily), not to mention my sanity.

Best,
          Tim
          MAIN SYSTEM: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE, Core i-7 2600k @ 4.6Mhz (stable), 32gb DDR3 1600 (1833 oc) Vengence RAM, 512gb SSD (OS and Apps Only), 256gb SSD Scratch Disk, 2TB Caviar Black SATA3 RAID Video Drive, Nvidia GTX 970 (oc'd), Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, all in a customized HAF-X case ... complete with holographic logo. [Air cooled into the low teens idle, 49c under heavy sustained oc'd load.] Dual 19" displays with 32" video monitor. ShuttlePRO.

Comment

I hear you and appreciate the explanation. Quite an ironic twist though from where I sit:
            In Edius I had found a workflow far superior to the competition. And then, in order to win over users of the competition, Edius changes my workflow to resemble the competition's.

Comment

Originally posted by OneQuickSix View Post
              Sometimes? For most editors, that would be pretty much ALL THE TIME, unless I'm missing something. I would like to second Anton's request of "a user selectable on/off option (use or don't use track patches)". I think this would be relatively easy to implement, would it not?
              No if it was we would have done it.
              We have been very honest about the enormous changes in the EDIUS 6 workflow from the start. We even suggested on the forum that people should to try EDIUS 6 and see if it would fit their workflow.

Can you PLEASE pass this on to the engineers so that we might see it in a future 6.x release.
              We have a long time ago and as I explained it is not possible due to the fundamental changes done . Certain part of EDIUS where completely rewritten.

It may not seem like much when you do it just a few times, but when you are doing it for many hours a day, those little clicks not only add up to a LOT OF WASTED TIME, but also becomes quite annoying both mentally AND physically.
              I work in After Effects about 10-12 hours a day sometimes, and the smallest of "ergonomic feature" improvements over the versions has saved me thousands of dollars in time (easily), not to mention my sanity.

Best,
              Tim
              I edit and am also an EDIUS teacher and I have little issue using my keyboard shortcuts to achieve what I want.

My best advice at this time as we have posted before as honest as I can be :if you find that the EDIUS 6 workflow is not what you expected it is better to use EDIUS 5 instead of fighting with a workflow which does not work for you.

We may or may not have a few improvements based on feedback but for now as it stand this workflow is fundamental to the growth of EDIUS as and editing application in markets we want to expand in to.
              That's where we stand today.
              Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-06-2011, 11:40 PM.
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by laddi.b View Post
                I hear you and appreciate the explanation. Quite an ironic twist though from where I sit:
                In Edius I had found a workflow far superior to the competition. And then, in order to win over users of the competition, Edius changes my workflow to resemble the competition's.
                +1 Sir, +1. (Exactly.)
                MAIN SYSTEM: Asus P8Z68 DELUXE, Core i-7 2600k @ 4.6Mhz (stable), 32gb DDR3 1600 (1833 oc) Vengence RAM, 512gb SSD (OS and Apps Only), 256gb SSD Scratch Disk, 2TB Caviar Black SATA3 RAID Video Drive, Nvidia GTX 970 (oc'd), Windows 7 PRO 64-bit, all in a customized HAF-X case ... complete with holographic logo. [Air cooled into the low teens idle, 49c under heavy sustained oc'd load.] Dual 19" displays with 32" video monitor. ShuttlePRO.

Comment

Those decisions are made higher op the chain and have a reason behind it......
                  Steve

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
                    No if it was we would have done it.
                    We have been very honest about the enormous changes in the EDIUS 6 workflow from the start. We even suggested on the forum that people should to try EDIUS 6 and see if it would fit their workflow.

REALLY SORRY to hear that, it's a shame. It seems to be becoming the UN-Edius then, in many ways.

Also, I don't remember seeing that particular change in any of the what's new videos, and I believe I watched them all. It seems to me this would be a VERY IMPORTANT change you would want to "warn us" about. Did I just miss it?

Furthermore, very recently I asked for Edius 6 "gotchas" in new post, and this was never mentioned. I find this to be a very big "gotcha." Really, anything that entails more work is a serious caveat in my book . I don't care if there IS a keyboard shortcut -- in fact, it would be laughable if there was NOT one, come on now -- that does not overturn the fact that extra steps are required for each and every edit.

I hope the strategy pays off for GV as they alienate their core and original users. Definitely don't want to see Edius go under, so if this is what they felt necessary to "pay the bills" or face elimination of the product, obviously I'd take the lesser of the two evils.

Comment

It's a pity that to please possible new clients. old ones are alienated. This argurment of "get used to the new workflow, like it or lump it" I find rather odd. If software has been "rewritten" then these features can, and should have been implemented as options. I find it hard to swallow some of the excuses that have been forwaded regarding this matter.
                      i7 3930K, Win 10 pro 64 Bit.
                      RAM 32 GB.
                      ASUS P9X79-Deluxe.
                      PS Thermaltake 1kW.
                      Graphics Gigabyte GTX1660 OC.
                      OS:Intel 535 SSD 480 GB, Data: two 2TB WD Cavier Black, RAID 0.
                      Cameras: Sony EX1, AX100, x1000v, A7R4, DJI Mavic 2 Pro
                      SW: Edius v8.53 WG & 9.52 WG, Vegas 17 Pro, CS6, Resolve Studio 16, Hitfilm 2017, Sound Forge 13, SpectraLayers Pro v6.0, Neat Video v5, Vistitle 2.8.5 TMPEnc VMWorks 7, Auth. Works 6, MochaPro v4.1, Robuskey, DVD Architect 7, 3D LUT Creator.

Comment

To say that all edits take longer is just not true. There are a few things that do, but they are minimum. People need to think outside of their own workflows and consider that there are other types of workflows that deserve equal consideration.

Sure everyone says, just make it a choice. If it was easy, every single option would be a choice. We all would be happy. But that is totally unrealistic for any NLE.

Too many times we are getting wrapped up on little things and lose track of the big picture. The track patches are actually easier to use in most situations. There are some problems in certain situations (mostly VA track situation).

Please understand that there is always work going on to make things better. Sometimes what is initially put out is the best that can be done in the time constraints for an upgrade.
                        Last edited by pjsssss; 06-07-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

This is turning to something outside the scope of this forum. Explanations have been made.
                          1: 3970X Threadripper, Asus ROG Strix TR40 E Gaming, G. Skill Trident Z Neo 128G DDR4 3600, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1T, Intel 660P M.2 2T (2), Seagate Ironwolf NAS 12T, Enermax TR4 360 AIO, Lian Li 011 DXL, AJA Kona 4, Asus ROG Thor 1200

2: i7 6950X OC to 4.5GHz, ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10, Corsair Dominator Platinum 64G DDR4 2800, SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512G, GeForce GTX 1080ti SC Black, Corsair AX1200i, Phanteks Luxe, 16T RAID HGST Deskstar NAS 4T, Corsair H115i AIO, BM IP 4K

Comment

Working...
                          X