A question about pip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about pip

When I apply a pip effect to a clip and apply a transition between 2 clips the adjacent clips too get its properties. But I just want to apply pip to only 1 clip. Do I have to export it each time in order to prevent other clips to get the same pip effect? So, is there any way to prevent this from happening? This didn,t happen in version 2 as far as I remember. Thanks for your responses.

PIP are keyers, and cross transitions or have done ever since V3 where I came in.
    The only way around this is to place the clips on different tracks and Xfade using the clip MIXER at the bottom of the track, I dont know if fancy transitions can be used but an Xfade works perfectly this way, sinceI usually only use cuts or xfade I dont find this a problem.
    Regards Barry
    Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
    GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
    Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
    Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

The other solution, if running EDIUS v4.x, is to create your PiP clip composition in a separate sequence.

Saves a render!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. First solution seems the simplest one. However I usually work with single video track except alpha keyed ones. So I really got used to apply the dissolve transition. It is easier to arrange the duration and frame by frame allignment. So I will have to export the clips as usual.
        As for the second solution, If I was creating a composition it would be helpful but I'm just using the pip keyer to get rid of the cinemascope effect in some of the clips. They are not necessarily adjacent to each other. So that wouldn't work for me.
        Thanks again.
        Cem

Comment

Working...
        X