X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas?

Hello everybody

I think that this is my last project which is made with Edius 6.02

I spend more time to "fix" the clips on the timeline because every time i try to add a video or audio clip the whole timeline loses sychronization .
    I have tried everything like "sync on" "sync off" i marked and unmarked the audio tracks, i "linked" and "unlinked" the audio part of the video....but it came to nothing.!!!
    I also added the audio files by rightclicking "add to the Timeline", but when the audio clip is added the sync disappears...
    It happens all times, and i don't understand why !!!
    what is the benefit from "no need to Render", if i need to spend more time to correct all this mess !!!
    I can import projects from FCP 7 by importing the .xml files but can i do the opposite?
    Is it possible to export the project to a format that the FCP "understands??!!"
    At least in FCP you always need to Render but ...such a problem i never saw!

Thanks in advance.

P.S for your info i have installed everything as it is described here in the forum.

P.s2 Excuse my poor English, i hope you understood what i mean.

Again thanks a lot.
    Computer Details
    Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
    Core i7 10700k @3.8GHz (8 Cores 16 Threads)
    32GB DDR4 (2*[email protected] Mhz Corsair)
    1*250 GB M2 EVO 970 plus(O.S and programs)
    2*640 GB WD Raid 0 for Video Editing
    1 Sata Dvd-R
    1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
    Nvidia GTX 1060 OC 6GB Ram 192Bit
    2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
    Windows 10 Professional x64
    Intensity Pro
    Edius Workgroup 9.52.6384
    Vistititle 2.9.0.1

Once you go Mac you may come back!!
    Once you use FCP, you always need to render!!!
    Thats why i switch to Edius !!!

I think your problems with sync is purely user error.
    I don't remember you asking for help on this issue but it easy if you know how.
    Steve

Get the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS Download (grassvalley.com)

Please don't send me Private Messages for support. Contact Grass Valley support

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_SL View Post
      I think your problems with sync is purely user error.
      I don't remember you asking for help on this issue but it easy if you know how.
      Thanks for the quick responce.

I never asked for help on this matter or on any other matter regarding Edius.
      This does not mean that i didnt have any problems, i could solve them by my self.
      But this time it is beyond my ....limits !!!!
      If you know the solution tell me.
      Computer Details
      Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
      1 Sata Dvd-R
      1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
      2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
      Intensity Pro
      Vistititle 2.9.0.1

Comment

I depends on what your timeline looks like.
        What editing flow you use split V/A or VA and how many channels of audio your clips have.

I can't know what is wrong at this point there is to little information.
        Steve

Comment

I depends on what your timeline looks like.
          What editing flow you use split V/A or VA and how many channels of audio your clips have.

I can't know what is wrong at this point there is to little information.
          split v/a

2 audio channels on each audio track (2 tracks)
          Computer Details
          Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
          1 Sata Dvd-R
          1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
          2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
          Intensity Pro
          Vistititle 2.9.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by panosole View Post
            split v/a

2 audio channels on each audio track (2 tracks)
            So the Timeline looks like this (when audio files successfully added)

Now everything is ok...but i DONT TOUCH IT !!!
            Attached Files
            Computer Details
            Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X
            1 Sata Dvd-R
            1 Sata Blu-Ray Reader
            2 LG IPS235v-BN Led 23"
            Intensity Pro
            Vistititle 2.9.0.1

Comment

Looking at your timeline I think you could start with turning Off ripple mode.
              I call ripple mode :"the get user in trouble mode"

from experience not only from the forum I can say that ripple mode is the cause of much grief.

I can tell you that most of the power users I know edit sync on ripple off.

But then you need to make these your own.
              Keyboard-shorts:
              N =in
              Alt N = in with ripple
              M
              Alt+M = out with ripple

Shift+ alt drag

If you use those there is no need to ever using ripple mode and you will stay sane.
              Steve

Comment

I totally agree with Steve.

Comment

It shows it plain as day on the bottom right corner. Use insert and ripple off and see what you get.
                  I do not have Windows 7 so forgive me if I don't understand the lower panel. Are those programs running in the background or are they just icons linked to .exe files?
                  Jerry
                  Six Gill DV
                  www.sgdvtutorials.com
                  If you own the Tutorials and you need help, PM me.

Vistitle YouTube Channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMVlxC8Am4qFbkXJRoPAnMQ/videos

Windows 10 Pro up to v.1803 Tweaks for Edius Users
                  http://sgdvtutorials.com/WIN%2010%20...%20V.2.0.0.pdf

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                  Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

Jerry, those are just pinned to the task bar. Just shortcuts

Comment

I was wondering. It looked like all of those were possibly running. Thanks!
                      Jerry
                      Six Gill DV
                      www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Main System:: Azrock Z97 Extreme 6, [email protected], 32gb ram, NZXT Z63, Win10 Pro 64, Samsung 850 pro, E7.5/8.5/E9 on separate SSD drives, 2TB Sabrent M.2 NVME, BM MINI MONITOR 4K, 12tb RAID 0 on backplane ,2 BD, Dual LG 27GK65S-B 144Hz monitors, GTX 1080ti SC Black.
                      Second System: EditHD Ultimax-i7, X58, [email protected], Corsair H80, Win764, 24gb ram, Storm 3g, Samsung 840 Pro 256, 4tb and 6tb RAID 0 on backplane, GTX 980ti Classified, Edius 9, Apple 30", Samsung 24", dual BD.

Comment

But then you need to make these your own.
                        Keyboard-shorts:
                        N =in
                        Alt N = in with ripple
                        M
                        Alt+M = out with ripple

Shift+ alt drag

If you use those there is no need to ever using ripple mode and you will stay sane.
                        Based on the original poster's question those keystrokes may not make sense to him. I know what they are but he may not so to add a little to the shortcuts.....assuming your ripple mode is off

N - places a cut at the position of your timeline cursor and deletes everything from the highlighted clip in front of the the cursor to the in point of that clip. Nothing else moves on your timeline. All sync remains.

Alt+N = places a cut in the highlighted clip at the point of your cursor and ripple deletes everything from position of the timeline cursor to the beginning point of the highlighted clip.

M and ALT+M do the exact same thing except they cut/delete to the end of the clip.

Shift+Alt drag lets you move/drag all the clips from your cursor position to the end all in one big bunch. All sync remains.

One other thing that helps me is I almost always edit in "Overwrite" mode. Insert mode will make things move around at times in ways you may not want depending on your workflow. Insert/Overwrite mode should depend on how you are editing and what you need to happen. Just happens most of my projects work best with Overwrite mode.

Hope all this helps. I edit projects similar to yours all the time and have no problems with sync plus I don't have to do long renders like that editing app from the "fruity" company.

If you haven't watched the E6 tutorials on the Grass Valley site you really should as they explain alot of the new features, some of which appear to be causing you problems.
                        Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

I use insert mode most of the time because you have the right click drag feature which enables overwrite at will for an instance

Everything I do produces predictable results. :)
                          Steve

Comment

I would say that 90% (it may be higher) of the time when there is a timeline problem it is ripple mode that is the culprit. As Steve said, using the insert mode also allows overwrite but ripple is always ripple.
                            Jerry
                            Six Gill DV
                            www.sgdvtutorials.com

Vistitle YouTube Channel

Comment

What's the default when installing 6.02? Is sync ON and ripple OFF? It's seems it should be. I wouldn't know, cause still using the NX board.

JohnnyD
                              Edius7, 4790K, 16G, Win7, GTX970ti MatroxLE
                              2nd Sys.,Edius5.51, 2700K, 16G, GTX1060, Win7
                              Atari 400
                              JohnFellersProd

Comment

Working...
                              X