Question regarding Quicktime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Quicktime

I am running EDIUS 5.51 - and I noticed of late - Quicktime 7.6.9 (the one I have) is causing havoc to MOV files on my timeline. When I play ANY video files apart from MOV - the buffer is pretty full (50 - 70 out of 128). Video is Full HD (1920 x 1080 x 25 frames). When it gets to MOV, it drops to 3, sometimes 2 - 1 - and the playback shutters badly - even on my workstation.

I suspect Quicktime incompatibility here ... can anybody recommend a version of Quicktime that works perfectly for him/her?

(I have searched through the forum - but the search engine does not allow "AND" or "OR" keywords ....)
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Hi Tingsern

I am using Quicktime Pro 7.6.9 and all is OK here, although I did install the XDDecode and MXF Decode addons from callibrated software. I discovered the intermediate codec used by apple for example when the footage is ingested into FCP then used in Edius 6.02 was problematic. You could also check that your version of QT is not corrupted in some way, I had that issue as well
    Regards

Ronnie
    System 2: Gigabyte GA-890FX UD7MB, CPU: Phenom II 6 Core Proc. @ 3.1 Ghz, RAM:16GB Vengeance RAM 4x4GB, Graphics Nvidia GTX560ti, 1x240GB OCZ SSD system, 4x1TB WD Black Ent. Drives Raid 0. LAN NAS 6TB backup.
    O/S Windows 7 64bit Pro SP 1, Edius 6.5.2 Boris Red 5.22, VMW 5, Imaginate 2.0 5, Vistitle, LGx2 Blu-ray. 2xw2228h Monitors. HDSpark, BM UltraStudio SDI Capture & Playback,Sony 17" BVM SDI, Sony 32" LCD, Edius KB, Intuos 4 Tablet

Comment

Working...
    X