What happened to the capture tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the capture tool?

Back from a shoot, and am needing to capture some tape. When I go to capture, Edius 6.02 goes straight to capturing the tape without letting me assign the hard drive that I want or start a clip name. I don't remember this happening in 6.01. Am I missing something? Is it a bug? Is it a further attempt to force people to save media to the project folder???
    ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 10900 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Originally posted by VideoOpp View Post
    Is it a bug? Is it a further attempt to force people to save media to the project folder???

No it is user not looking in the manual to see how it works.
    We cannot force any one to do that, read the manual that is or watch the video tutorial. :)

See screen-grabs from the manual.

I hope they help you achieve what you are after.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 06-01-2011, 05:38 PM.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Ahhhh, the settings! I am not sure how this got unchecked.... It must have been a recent re-install of the software that I had to do after needing to replace a system drive. I must not have gone through all of the settings carefully enough after that.

I wonder why this option is unchecked, by default ...... Strange!

By the way.... I have done extensive reading of the new manual, watched the tutorial videos, and even made a few myself over the years...

Not sure that the condescending, patronizing, accusatory tone is that helpful here. A simple, "Check your settings at Settings/System Settings/Application/Capture" would have been all that was necessary! (Not to mention a lot less time-consuming then going to the manual, capturing screen shots and uploading them, just to prove how thoughtless and naive my question was.)

I send new, and potential users here all the time. This kind of tone is only going to drive them back to AVID and FCP.

Lighten up people!
      Last edited by VideoOpp; 06-02-2011, 03:36 AM.
      ASUS ROG Strix Z490- E, i9 10900 @ 2.8G, 32GRam, Windows 10, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

Comment

It is not ticked as default because then EDIUS captures straight to the project bin quickly - no need to type stuff, EDIUS names the clips automatically too. So it is the quickest way, but if you want to name the clips first it is there as an option.
        EDIUS silver certified trainer.
        Main edit laptop: DVC Kaby Lake desktop processor laptop, 32GB RAM, 3.5Ghz i5 desktop processor, nVidia 1060, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 4Ghz 9900K processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1660TI GPU, Windows 10.
        Desktop: 2Ghz 12 core Xeon processor, 32GB RAM, nVidia 1060, BM Intensity Pro, Windows 10

Comment

Yes there is. Under the settings menu you select system settins and then on the left select capture. You can change the options there. :)

Comment

Working...
          X