Before you blame EDIUS ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before you blame EDIUS ....

I have had intermediate hangs up on VISTA 64 on my workstation - see signature - that requires hard reset of Windows to get it up again. Alt-Ctrl-Del does not work. Running EDIUS 5.5. I thought the problem was EDIUS (as most of the time - it hangs when running EDIUS). Adobe Photoshop 64 was no problems.

Then I started noticing weird colours and flicking displays on my CRT monitor and to some extent - on my LCD too. I suspect my old graphics card (nVIDIA Quadro 3500) is having some h/w problems.

I brought a new card - nVIDIA Quadro 4000 - to replace this old 3500. (Note - 4000 and 3500 - and also 3800 are single slot designs - great for people like me with zero spare slots).

After plugging in the new card and booting up Windows, everything that I had problems with - is GONE. No more hangups, no more flicking displays, etc.

The moral - the culprit might not be what you suspect.
    TingSern
    --------------------------------------
    Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

d4mn... you DO have a MONSTER Machine!!!!... system crashes should be a BIG pain... good to know that you solved your problem... i used to have a problem in my W7 (with bootcamp) with flashing signal going to black in my 2 monitors when working on EDIUS... of course, i was bl4ming to EDIUS... untill i found the same thing once rendering after effects... and founding a quick flash boc telling to me that the NVIDIA Driver stop working... unfortunetelly to me an update of the driver didn't solve my problem and everything is working perfect in MAC mode... so changing the card would not be an option... soon... saludos!
    Paranova Films
    Cali - Colombia

GODZILLA WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT 32 Gb RAM, 4 INTEL CORE i7 3,30 Ghz, RAID 12 Tb HDD, NVIDIA GForce GTX980i, EDIUS 8 Workgroup with Blackmagic DeckLink 4K Extreme, ADOBE PRODUCTION STUDIO CS3, COREL MOVIE FACTORY 7

http://www.paranovafilms.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/paranovafilmsLTDA

Comment

At least for you, changing your graphics card is much cheaper than mine.
      TingSern
      --------------------------------------
      Edius 9.4 Pro, Lenovo P72 workstation laptop, 64GB RAM, Xeon CPU, Windows 10 Pro (64 bits), 2 x 2TB Samsung M2.NVME and 1 x 4TB Samsung SSD internal. Panasonic UX180 camera, Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema

Comment

Working...
      X