This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Sluggish E6 Info.

Since the previous "Sluggish" thread seems to resolved the OP's problem (Too many jpg,s on the timeline) thought it best to start a new one with new information about the terribly sluggish performance I'm experiencing. A simple example is: stop a running time line and it takes 5 seconds or more wait time before I can drag the cursor to some other point on the timeline. It affects almost anything I try to do. Sluggish is the perfect description. The system also freezes and crashes periodically. This is simply not the kind of performance I have ever experienced from RT-RexEdit through all versions of EDIUS, and this same system/OS worked very well with E5. NOW I HAVE NEW INFORMATION. When I reboot the system and reload the project it works properly at first. This seems as though it must be memory leakage, but if so why am I alone in experiencing it?
    Fred D
    Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

I see your FX card is not very recent, when is the last time you have updated your GPU drivers ?
    With older hardware it's always hit and miss with new drivers, sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn't.
    Make sure you only try WHQL versions and try the latest before going back in time.
    Not stating that this is your problem, but maybe a good start :)
    E5.51 + E6.05 / NX HD / Win7 x64 / intel X3366 / 9800 GTX+
    Imaginate 2 / TMPGEnc VMW5 / TMPGEnc AW4 / WaveLab 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Dwyer View Post
      Since the previous "Sluggish" thread seems to resolved the OP's problem (Too many jpg,s on the timeline) thought it best to start a new one with new information about the terribly sluggish performance I'm experiencing. A simple example is: stop a running time line and it takes 5 seconds or more wait time before I can drag the cursor to some other point on the timeline. It affects almost anything I try to do. Sluggish is the perfect description. The system also freezes and crashes periodically. This is simply not the kind of performance I have ever experienced from RT-RexEdit through all versions of EDIUS, and this same system/OS worked very well with E5. NOW I HAVE NEW INFORMATION. When I reboot the system and reload the project it works properly at first. This seems as though it must be memory leakage, but if so why am I alone in experiencing it?
      Not sure it's been mentioned before about the sluggishness some are having but it seems to me lots of the people with problems are also those with hardware I/O cards like the Spark and other output cards. Could it be those cards and related drivers that may be the culprit?

I don't use I/O cards and edit in software only mode. Since I did Anton's tweaks to my i7 laptop a few weeks back I have had the white screen sluggishness a grand total of one time and that was when my project was being accessed on a portable 2.5" USB drive. The project I am on currently is a wedding that is about 3/4 done and the projects has multiple sequences with 2 of them over 45 minutes long and a few highlight segments with lots of cuts in them. The only time I really see a delay is when coming back to the computer after it has been idle for awhile and I have to wait for my external drive to spin up after it went to standby. I even have Avast anti-virus running and since I did Anton's tweaks I hardly ever have to disable it.

Just wondering how many people with slow down issues are using hardware output cards vs. software only mode.

Just a thought.
      Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

let's face it

Let's face it Edius 6 has problems with sluggish responce. I have it too along with soooooo many others. Time for Grass Valley to deal with it vs. asking us try this , or try that. It's evident from reviewing this forum that the problem exists ....Yes I have a Storm HD card on my DUAL Quad processors (that's 8 processors) I7 ... windows 7 ultimate.. Antons settings... 8 gigs of ram... At Edius tec supports recommendation, I even bought a New G Force 460 graphics card with another gig of ram on it. Sorry Grass Valley but this system flys on every other softwear package I use.

Comment

Hi Guys
          Been following this thread with interest, although I don't have this problem for what ever reason but just coming today from a member of one of the video clubs here in Adelaide having a similar problem with Premier, I wonder if it is caused by some other program / process running in the background

I used a Program called "Game Booster", yes I know sounds like garbage, BUT it can quickly find if this is the case without doing any damage to your system

This is one of the up sides of having geeky grandchildren who try everything

The program allows you to turn off ALL selected processes without having to re boot, you have complete control! and either the program can restore them or ALL will be restored at next boot if anything goes wrong
          It just shuts them down for this session and or restores them

You will be amazed at what it finds running on some machines

Then you can take measures to make a permanent fix by appropriate means, link to site below
          http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
          Worth a try
          Regards Barry
          Win 10HP, EDIUS WG9.4, HD Spark, Boris RED 5, VMW6, Authorworks 6, Bluff Titler, VisTitler 2.8, NEAT 3/4, Mercalli 2/4, Vitascene, Izotope RX6 Plugin, NewBlue, Trend Micro AV
          GB GA-X58A-UD3R MB, i7 [email protected], 12G 1600mhz Mem, Samsung EVO-250G SSD, 3x2T RAID, GTX 970W OC, 2x24 inch LG Monitors
          Canon XH-A1/ Canon HF-G30, GoPro Hero3 Black, Edit @1920 50p HQ preset

https://vimeo.com/user2157719/videos
          Laptop ASUS G752VT-GC060T Win 10HP, Edius WG8.53 Samsung M2 SSD 256G+1Tb HD,

Comment

Barry has a great point, that also falls in line with what many including myself have already posted. Make sure your machine, windows, software, drivers are installed and setup properly.

There is no point constantly regurgitating the same bile about Edius 6, aside from some genuine teething issues most of this is down to user/system error. Don't be too surprised if you don't get too much assistance from GV or the mods of these time wasting repeated issues.

If this where me, having so much trouble with "broken software" I would take the thing back from where I bought it and demand a refund because it does not do what it was advertised for. Not waste time getting nothing done, getting frustrated, and just clogging a user forum.

It would not be a shock to me if GV just pull this forum, and replace it with a FAQ and tutorial site. Lets face it, it's not Edius 6 right now that's doing the public damage to GV, it's the users.

I notice there was a small flourish of appreciative users who where very warm to the post by Steve L when he announced part of the bug fix list and it's imminent release. Then nothing. That post quickly feel down the rankings, why. Because the forum has way too many moaning inexperienced users who would rather pick up on the point that a key command did not work in 6, to then find it was user error, but in the mean time have generated mass hysteria among the sheep.

Why don't people read Steve's post, wait for the release, read up on Win 7 XP Edius software/hardware environments, and sort out their computer in the mean time. Then if this next release "is broken" just take it back, demand a refund, and use another NLE.

For 6 months now, this forum has moaned so much about E6. That even the most hardened Edius users, admin/mods, have fallen victim to the apathy created by this negative climate. This forum is fast turning into a pathetic shadow of it's once glorious self.

I have just as much right to bring these points to the attention of the forum, as a professional user. As those less experienced users, who do what they do. So please, this is not a debate. If any of the above offends anyone, then sorry, that is not my intention.

Dave.

Comment

Ive got a HDStorm also and yes its annoying implemented most of antons twaks exept the security bit. If it is hardware im shure it will be short lived GV will drop it and bring out new hardware !
              Last edited by John Lewis; 05-25-2011, 11:48 AM.
              System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
              Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
              Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
                Ive got a HDStorm also and yes its annoying implemented most of antons twaks exept the security bit. If it is hardware im shure it will be short lived GV will drop it and bring out new hardware !
                Will there be more reports when NX drivers appear, there a lots of users yet to swith to E6
                Hi John.

My offer to you from last year is still open, when I offered to help you with your system setup and your ghosting problems etc. This time I could you show how a proper Edius hardware system is meant to be, and how it works properly, even with 6.

I will be away from the studio for the next few weeks, but after that give me a shout and pop up the Welsh coast road.

Cheers.

Dave.
                Last edited by Red Union Films; 05-25-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks Dave might take you up on it i am also away for a few weeks.
                  PS Ghosting problems now working thanks for your help
                  System Asus WS Z390 Pro MB, CPU i9 9900K, 32gb 3000mhz Ram, EVGA GTX1070TI, BM IP4K Win 10, BD Burner 1 Evo 840 and 4 Hotswap caddies
                  Plugins Vistitle 2.8, TP7, NB TFX5
                  Monitors Samsung 32 inch tv as main 1 LG M2350D,1 D2343 1 DM2350D as output to (3D) IP4K, PXW X70,Canon FX400

Comment

Originally posted by John Lewis View Post
                    Thanks Dave might take you up on it i am also away for a few weeks.
                    PS Ghosting problems now working thanks for your help
                    Hi John.

No probs mate. Would be good to meet up with another Edius user. Our place is only small and a bit of a mess :) We are no Soho or London facility, just a tiny Indie. But our Edius HD systems are as about as good as they get. I have an older NX system that you could have a play with when the next E6 release is out. The card is brilliant, no HDMI, but will do HD component and stuff the other cards don't. If you use a card mostly to monitor with, or ingest HDV etc. it's perfect. If you like it, I am sure you could pick one up cheap second hand.

Glad the Ghost route worked out well for you, and the multi-drive boot system. As you well know now, a simple 5 minute re-ghosting of a system, takes you back to a perfect base Win X Edius X setup, that would take you a good half day to sort manually. This is real cool when you want to do system re-configs, try out new OS settings, install new apps etc. or just generally experiment and screw about :) Having a mult-drive boot system, with different OS's and Edius versions, is also real cool. As this allows you to either test between versions to identify system/software/user errors, or just take you to a different version of Edius for workflow etc. I personally do this a lot as I still can't quite bring myself to stop ******* on the teat of 5.51. It's also good if you want to start a base project and workflow on 5.51 and finish on 6 for it's extra facilities. I have done this a few times, and once to let 6 sort out dead pixels from HD-CAM footage in our E5 master HQ file.

Maybe a permanent thread on this type of setup could help a lot of Edius users.

BTW John, we normally have some nice coffee in, but you will have to bring your own milk :)

Cheers buddy.

Dave.

Comment

Hi John.

Sorry buddy, have done likewise :)

Cheers mate.

dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Union Films View Post
                        Barry has a great point, that also falls in line with what many including myself have already posted. Make sure your machine, windows, software, drivers are installed and setup properly.

There is no point constantly regurgitating the same bile about Edius 6, aside from some genuine teething issues most of this is down to user/system error. Don't be too surprised if you don't get too much assistance from GV or the mods of these time wasting repeated issues..
                        I seem to have offended you, my apologies. I'm just an EDIUS 6/Win-7-64 bit user who is experiencing difficulties. I posted here looking for suggestions and help, which I have already received in this string from several nice folks looking to share their insights

If this where me, having so much trouble with "broken software" I would take the thing back from where I bought it and demand a refund because it does not do what it was advertised for. Not waste time getting nothing done, getting frustrated, and just clogging a user forum.
                        Odd assumption that I bought this system as configured, when I have stated that this sytem was running great under E5.

It would not be a shock to me if GV just pull this forum, and replace it with a FAQ and tutorial site. Lets face it, it's not Edius 6 right now that's doing the public damage to GV, it's the users.
                        Grass Valley generously provides this forum so that users mey help each other achieve the great performance that EDIUS is capable of. We do no disservice to Grass Valley by asking for help here.

I notice there was a small flourish of appreciative users who where very warm to the post by Steve L when he announced part of the bug fix list and it's imminent release. Then nothing. That post quickly feel down the rankings, why. Because the forum has way too many moaning inexperienced users who would rather pick up on the point that a key command did not work in 6, to then find it was user error, but in the mean time have generated mass hysteria among the sheep.
                        You do so disrespect the other users of this forum.

Why don't people read Steve's post, wait for the release, read up on Win 7 XP Edius software/hardware environments, and sort out their computer in the mean time. Then if this next release "is broken" just take it back, demand a refund, and use another NLE.

For 6 months now, this forum has moaned so much about E6. That even the most hardened Edius users, admin/mods, have fallen victim to the apathy created by this negative climate. This forum is fast turning into a pathetic shadow of it's once glorious self.

I have just as much right to bring these points to the attention of the forum, as a professional user. As those less experienced users, who do what they do. So please, this is not a debate. If any of the above offends anyone, then sorry, that is not my intention.
                        I'm sure it is not your intention, and certainly you have rights equal to all others, I only wish I had your expertise so that I could sort out my problems without aid. Thank you for your thoughts.
                        Fred D
                        Win 7 Pro-64 bit, EDIUS Workgroup 8.5, Intel Ivy Bridge i5, ASUS P8Z77-V-LK, 8GB Kningston DDR3, Pioneer BDR-209UBK, EVGA NVIDEA GEForce GT630, Corsair TX750M 750w Power Supply, 4 WD Black HDD for 3.15TB, ACEDVIO, Spark HD, eSATA controller, ANTEC 300 case.

Comment

Hi Fred.

I did say it was not a debate, and you did not offend me at all buddy.

If there are questions you have, then by all means please feel free to PM me.

Cheers.

Dave.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I think every one should chill.
                            Just want give a bit of information.

We have found an issue with autosave . We have communicated this .

We are looking in to reports but we also found that people keep antivirus applications and other resource hogs running.
                            Example I got a complain about slow down. I asked do you have any anti virus software running.
                            Answer no.

Turned out that real-time monitoring of Security essentials was running which slowed down EDIUS file handling.

When it was disabled everything ran smooth.

I am not saying that this is the case in every situation because we have also seen hardware issues.
                            We have asked a group of EDIUS power users if they have this slow down issue . All reported that they have not seen this. One had but that was an external disk issue.
                            (autosave issue aside)

So we are reading the reports. There is no need to keep rehashing. But we need to find out what is causing it on an x system when maybe 1000 of other systems don't have this issue.

Remember that the forum is not the only place we get information from.
                            We get info from our integrators, resellers, dealers and yes other customers who don't come on the forum but have hundreds of EDIUS systems running in a network environment.
                            Any sharing of information, without tons of ballast , is welcomed tremendously.

We try to provide as much information as we can but if those threads turn in to a whining concert it is easier to say nothing.

I hope that every one takes time for a beer, chill. We are close to an update for EDIUS 6 which will contain a number of fixes and improvements.
                            Let's wait and see.

I will lock this thread. Not pointing a finger at anyone but I think anything else can be said trough PM's now.
                            Thanks for understanding,
                            Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 05-25-2011, 08:10 PM.
                            Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
                            EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
                            X