CS3 VO plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS3 VO plugins

There seems to be a mistake. The VO plugin 1.2 does not install to After Effects CS3 or Photoshop CS3.

CS, CS2 only according to the (older) readme. If CS3 was implemented, I'd say it would have snuck into the version history.

I'll update the description.

Comment

I might add that there's a special set of instructions in the readme for CS2, so possibly this may also work for CS3 - haven't got hardware/CS3 to test myself..

Comment

I have the OSX version of CS3 Production Premium...might contact Adobe to see if there is a special pricing for the Windows version since I have the OSX version....can't wait to try this out! Maybe I should install the demo...

Comment

Where do I send a cheque for GV to buy an upgrade to a CS3 license?

This is a new release plugin and they couldn't manage to get the plugin to see the CS3 folder? The old plugin can be copied to the CS3 folders and works fine. This is perplexing to me.

CS3 plugins for AE and PS are supported in AJA, Matrox & Black Magic.

Comment

Hey Mark, so it doesn't work at all? It seems if you don't have AE 7 then there is no way for these to work unless you ask for someone to send you the plugins.

Comment

Correct. I uninstalled PS CS and AE 5.5 and the old plugin. Now I have to reinstall them all.

Comment

The only difference I can tell is added LW9 installation.

I reinstalled AE 5.5 and PS CS again, installed the NEW plugins into those and LW9, then copied the plugins from AE & PS to the new CS3 install folders and all is now working- Note to Dave. You still can't switch output between AE and EDIUS.

Comment

Originally posted by shueardm View Post
                  You still can't switch output between AE and EDIUS.
                  *headbang*...where's that icon when you need it :|

Comment

Looking at the readme file, the plugin took 2 months for them to allow KH to put it up..
                    I should point out that the other difference is the bonus support for Maya, Combustion, 3ds max that was previously a paid extra.

Comment

Yeah, in the readme it seems to be just a "repackaged" version of the Plugin.

I think GV should seriously take a look at making their integration with Adobe CS3 apps (not including Premiere Pro, for obvious reasons) with their capture cards. This is a huge market.

I'm using FireWire (Ewwww) right now from OSX for AECS3 previews running through a DSR11 out via S-Video (Another ewwwww). Switching through multiple applications is a breeze though.

Comment

Geez, not only do they need to tie up loose ends (like this) but how about getting on the FRONT foot with something like a Encore CS3 output plugin. The old Canopus of years ago would do that, or at least try, because they didn't like loose ends.

Comment

I can confirm that AE7 and Edius 4.51c run happily together with this plugin, both "Live" and switch from one app to the other, no problems.

BUT, pasting the plug and menu hook into CS3 plugins folder allows AECS3 to see the plugin but I can't get any output so far - bummer.

Totally agree, where's Encore CS3 as well, would be cool eh?

Paul
                          Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PaulTV View Post
                            BUT, pasting the plug and menu hook into CS3 plugins folder allows AECS3 to see the plugin but I can't get any output so far - bummer.

Paul
                            Dont know why, it worked straight away for me.

Comment

Probably because I'm testing this on my Storm 2 system, I had horror issues installing AECS3 on my NX / Supermicro - so reverted to 7 on that machine.

Funny though, the old plugin worked to some extent, must fiddle some more.

Paul
                              Edius Edits at: http://www.vimeo.com/user781619/videos

1) AMD 3900X 12 core 4.6Ghz 2) Asus X79 4930K 6 core @4.4GHz Water Cooled. 480GB REVO3x2 System drive, 4TB Raid 0, 4 TB E-Sata Raid 5, 32GB RAM, GTX1070Ti Decklink HD Extreme. 3X Sony AX53 Sony AX700 BMPCC 4K

http://indiestereographer.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X