Zoomed viewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zoomed viewer

Somehow I managed to get the viewer zoomed in , but cannot find a way to get it back to normal. The zoom is active across the entire timeline (several clips). The Layouter is not active. I have looked through the shortcuts in the manual, but can't find the resolution.

How did I get in this mode...more importantly, how do I get back to normal?

Originally posted by VicH View Post
    Somehow I managed to get the viewer zoomed in , but cannot find a way to get it back to normal. The zoom is active across the entire timeline (several clips). The Layouter is not active. I have looked through the shortcuts in the manual, but can't find the resolution.

How did I get in this mode...more importantly, how do I get back to normal?
    open layouter of any clip

click reset all

click safe as default

you may have accidentally clicked safe as default after zooming in
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Thank's Anton.
      ...but I still have the problem. The Layouter view is full screen (normal), but when I go back to the edit mode, the viewer is roughly 20x...I see only a small portion of the scene which fills the viewer.

Comment

what do you mean the viewer? do you mean the two preview monitors?

could it be that 3D PIP is on the keyer tracks of your clips and is zoomed in? click the lower third of the clip and look in the info palette for a keyer
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

I have a single screen monitor...Timeline, Bin, a single viewer (preview monitor)? and Information pallets opened.

There are 129 clips in the bin (most are used). I have seven markers on the timeline to define breakpoints. When I click on the lower third of any clip and look at the pallet, it shows only: In, Out and Duration.

If I look at the Layouter view, the entire clip is visible, closing the Layouter and looking at the viewer the magnified view is displayed.

Comment

select a clip, the top third, then in the info palette, untick layouter, does it show a difference in the monitor?

make sure the timeline cursor is positioned over this clip
            Anton Strauss

Comment

No, it does not make a difference...viewer is still zoomed in.

Comment

this is crazy, I have never seen this in 10 years of using Edius

can you attach a screenshot of what you see (use png)
                Anton Strauss

Comment

I shut down last night normally. This morning, when I started up and began copying the screen shots you requested, I noticed a "new" video track (5V). This track length was precisely the length of the project with no segments. I disabled track 5V and everything was back to normal. I then reopened 5V and disabled the Layouter. The entire project was now back to normal. Deleting track 5V removed the problem permanently for all segments.

Somehow I must have generated this 5V track and set the Layouter to expand the video. Since the segment on 5V was as long as the active video on the project, 5V affected the entire project. Your tip on the Layouter made sense this morning as I looked at what was happening with the 5V track.

Thank you for your assistance in resolving this problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X