clip shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clip shift

im putting a short clip on the audio line to use as background music . as soon as i drag it down, it also goes above as a video clip moving everything down the timeline. in E3.6, i could drag a clip to audio line and no shift at all.
    E6 has more headaches than it should.
    this also happens with title clips, when i put them down under the clip where my cursor is, the title goes there but the clip next to the one title is under moves down timeline and now theres a gap between the 2 clips???

Sure you will get headaches if you don't take the time to watch the free tutorial and read a bit.
    If you are Stepping up from 3 it is good advice to learn a bit.

I think you have ripple on turn it off first.
    Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
    EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Damn rude reply if you ask me. :-( EDIUS is a complex beast and sometimes no amount of reading will give you the answers you seek in a timely manner, simply asking a question on the forum is a very quick way to tap into the user base, one would hope it was also friendly. :-(

JP
      Last edited by Jonathan Porter; 05-16-2011, 10:46 PM. Reason: typo
      System: Built by ON2DVD http://on2dvd.com.au
      Supermicro build X8DA3 in 743TQ-865, Dual Intel X5650 - 12 core, 24 thread , 12 GB DDR3 ECC Reg, nVidia GTX 460, WD Raptor OS + WD RE3 RAID 10 array, Dell 30" Monitor, EDIROL MA-15D speakers, Win7 Pro x64, EDIUS 6.02 & Storm 3G, Vistitle, ProCoder 3, Adobe Production Premium CS5, JVC HD101, Panny AF 102, Panny HVX202, JVC GY HM 100E, Sony NEX-5, GoPro Hero

Comment

Originally posted by jimstamos View Post
        im putting a short clip on the audio line to use as background music . as soon as i drag it down, it also goes above as a video clip moving everything down the timeline. in E3.6, i could drag a clip to audio line and no shift at all.
        E6 has more headaches than it should.
        this also happens with title clips, when i put them down under the clip where my cursor is, the title goes there but the clip next to the one title is under moves down timeline and now theres a gap between the 2 clips???
        Like someone else said, check your ripple mode and also check your insert mode. Both can be turned on and off from the 4 little icons on the left side of the timeline just below the zoom level indicator. Very simple to fix. You just have to do a little relearning of your workflow. In a day or two you will forget you had to learn something new as it will be a habit.
        Main System. MSI G33m Motherboard, Intel Q6600 CPU, 2GB Ram, GeForce 9500GT, 7200rpm System drive. WinXP. Lots of external eSATA drives.

Laptop. Sony Vaio. CPU- i7-Gen 3, 8gb RAM, 1tbb 5400rpm hard drive, AMD GPU

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Porter View Post
          Damn rude reply if you ask me. :-( EDIUS is a complex beast and sometimes no amount of reading will give you the answers you seek in a timely manner, simply asking a question on the forum is a very quick way to tap into the user base, one would hope it was also friendly. :-(

JP
          Not rude at all. It is the truth. Jim is obviously trying to use the same work flow that he has used on a very old version. It is guaranteed problems if you don't change your workflow. The best way to get onto the right path is to watch the tutorial.

This is obviously operator error. I too suspect that ripple mode is on. It is the second button above the timeline tracks on the left side.

Comment

no amount of reading will give you the answers you seek in a timely manner, simply asking a question on the forum is a very quick way to tap into the user base, one would hope it was also friendly.

Funny that we were going into E6 Titler for the first time and experienced the same thing. Lucky for us, our question was answered before we asked. Yes reading is a good idea ,but if you don't know what to look for it is hard to find it.

Ted

Comment

Just one thing ripple mode has been there for a while. :) So it is not exactly new. Watching the free tutorial, which is not reading, would have brought any one up to speed on new button position and the new sync mode capabilities.

Most of us who help here have acquired the knowledge by "READING" manuals, papers or the forum.

So if reading is not going to give the answer it is kind of funny that one would visit a forum where one is expected to read.......:)

What I mean is that if you learn the new basics, the help we give will make more sense and any one can get their work done faster.
              It often happens that we need to give help on the help we give.....

Again if you are coming from an older version of EDIUS especially pre 4.5 it essential to check changes in workflow. We have had changes in 4.5 and 5.xx which you have missed and may make EDIUS 6 a tad difficult.
              EDIUS 6 has more fundamental work flow changes that's why I stress to watch the free tutorial for EDIUS 6, which does not require any READING, well there is some reading to sign up.
              Last edited by GrassValley_SL; 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM.
              Steve

Get Support or the Latest version of EDIUS:
              EDIUS support and Downloads

Comment

Working...
              X