Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edius 6 import Canon XF100 XF file (broke red checker board error)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edius 6 import Canon XF100 XF file (broke red checker board error)

Aloha,

We picked up a Canon XF100 this last week and are really enjoying it.

However we are running into a problem with large clips and Edius 6.2. At 35mb rate the camera breaks the video clips ever 7ish many minutes. We have a few clips over 9 minutes that are making trouble. When importing them via source browser/XF it combines the clips to make one clip. Edius does get the clip length correct however only the first 7ish minutes of the 9 minute clip play and the rest of the clip is a red checker board with out audio.

I used the Canon XF utility to verify the 2nd half of the video clip is in fact there. The Canon XF utility does recognize the clip and will play it in its entirety.

Anyone with a XF100, 105, 300, 305 know how to deal with this?

Be blessed,
    Frederick

I just shot a 2 and a half hour live show this weekend on an XF305 and everything transferred just fine. It was shot at 35Mb/s. The XF Utility transferred everything perfectly. I also shot a 90 minute musical at 50Mb/s with the 305 and XF Utility transferred everything as well. Are you using XF Utility to transfer or just to check?
    EDIUS Workgroups 8 with NX Hardware plus HD expansion Card,
    EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Thank you for asking if I was importing or just watching the clip in the Canon XF utility. That question has prompted me to do some test.

When I actually watched the video in Canon XF utility it failed to continue playing back at the end of part A going into part B. I tested the clip in premiere and it imported the 2 parts that make the 1 clip. At the break from part A to part B I found that the first couple second of part B were corrupt.

Turns out Edius is not the problem. Thanks to Premier I'm able to cut out the corrupt section of part B and splice the parts together.

Maybe this is a card issue -
      What cards are you using?
      Are you doing dual slot recording?

Thanks for your response,
      Frederick
      Last edited by Frederick Joswick; 05-16-2011, 08:37 PM.

Comment

On the canon website they have a list of approved CF cards for the 300 and 305. I used the Sandisk Extreme 32Gb card. It's 60Mb/sec. Works great. I don't know about the XF100. But if you are doing 35 and 50 it should be the same.
        EDITHD Workstation: Intel Core i7 [email protected], Nvidia GTX-950 Video Card, Windows 7 Premium, 64bit, 6GB Ram, Vistitle 2.6.0.6, Robuskey, ChromaKeyer Pro,

Comment

Try exporting the footage out of XF Utility to your media drive, then import that footage into Edius. It should work just fine.

Comment

Update -
            It was not an Edius problem at all, it was a corrupt file. Turns out only Premiere was able to handle the corrupt clip. I was able to open the corrupt file in Premiere then export it to new file and finished the project in Edius.

I'm really happy its not Edius! Falling back in love.
            Frederick

Comment

Red checker error

Hi, my problem is that in one sequence the image is normal, and in the other sequence the same image is in red checkers. The strange thing is that this project i started working on was in Edius 5, and when i opened it in edius 6 this red checkers error ocurr.

Can you help me?

Comment

Working...
              X