Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harro
    replied
    Yes, with a scroll bar. Not uncommon for me to have several hundred or at times over 1300 clips from my travel videos.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Originally posted by Harro View Post
    I have also had that issue at times, clicking on the picon always brought it up. A large bin still exhibits the problem.
    When you say large bin, do you mean a large bin even with a scroll bar?
    Or is it without one.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Since I started using E6 I have sorted out my source footage (a better rough selection) to keep the bin more tidy.
    I use roughly 50~100 clips in 1 folder with a max of 5 or 6 folders.
    Compared to my usage in E5 this is very little.
    I just hate long loading times :)

Leave a comment:

• Harro
    replied
    I have also had that issue at times, clicking on the picon always brought it up. A large bin still exhibits the problem.

Leave a comment:

• ajcvideo
    replied
    Originally posted by Zorro View Post
    It's not unusual that when scrolling through a bin with loads of scenes that it takes a little time until all picons are shown correctly (instead of seeing the sand glass picon). Although we are installing most of the systems with the same hard- and software one customer's bin looks like that:

He needs to scroll up and down various times until all picons are shown correctly. Anyone here ever seen something like that? Help welcome.
    I have the same issue but expanding the bin resolves it.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    To me it's not a big issue or a deal breaker, just signs that not all is right yet underneath the hood.
    What is disturbing to me is the constant redraw of waveform on the timeline if you have an hour plus on the timeline and change zoom view, that's getting on my nerves.

Patiently waiting for fixes, like in every major version change, just feel its taking a lot longer than with E5 or E4.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Try to size your bin to not have a scroll bar. This is basically a work around.

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    If you mean the right side of the bin, then yes.
    Once you move that down, or down & up then a few more show a picon.
    Still not all show correctly (automatically)

The blue sign inside a picon is there while generating seek info right ?
    That is there on many clips (not all) when a previous project has been saved and re-openend.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    Do you have a scroll bar?

Leave a comment:

• SoundFreak_HD
    replied
    Hmmm...nearly 300 views but only Anton has seen something like that?

There has to be an explanation?! No one from GV with a hint?
    Not similar problem but close, in the bin various clip thumbnails stay gray until clicked on.
    Also seems to be writing (checking / very slowly reading) MTS seek info to already imported clips each time the project is re-opened.
    This is with roughly 1 1/2 hour used on the timeline.
    With 600+ clips in the bin roughly 3 hours worth.
    Source is 1920x1080i 50P AVCHD on a 50i timeline.

Leave a comment:

• John Lewis
    replied
    Thanks Jerry, nice to have confirmation

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    replied
    The key is to have your bin large enough to not have the scroll bar. It is more of an Edius/Windows 7 related issue as opposed to Edius/XP. Yes, GV and Japan, are aware of the picon problem.

Leave a comment:

• John Lewis
    replied
    Ive seen it when i do a montage, clicking on one will usually show the otherts which had not appeared, it seems to pass some

Leave a comment:

• Zorro
    replied
    Hmmm...nearly 300 views but only Anton has seen something like that?

There has to be an explanation?! No one from GV with a hint?

Leave a comment:

• antonsvideo
    replied
    Anton since I just know that specific machine which has the problem I don't think you can call it a bug. Would be interesting to know how the picons are created.
    if it happens on my machine, I call it a bug :) and EDIUS 5.51 on the same PC does not have this problem

Leave a comment:

Working...
X