Exporting a 720 60p timeline for Blu-ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting a 720 60p timeline for Blu-ray

My workflow is fairly new to me as I'm just now getting the transition to Edius to a place where I'm feeling more comfortable. I have a project that is shot at 1280x720 60p and is on matching timeline using 59.94. I usually export to an m2t file (when I was shooting HDV) an bring it into Sony DVD Architect 5.2 for authoring. I'm matched up the settings in DVD Architect but still get a message the file will have to be recompressed. I'm thinking I'm not exporting a Blu-ray compliant file. Any thoughts?

Jan

Originally posted by Jan Arden View Post
    My workflow is fairly new to me as I'm just now getting the transition to Edius to a place where I'm feeling more comfortable. I have a project that is shot at 1280x720 60p and is on matching timeline using 59.94. I usually export to an m2t file (when I was shooting HDV) an bring it into Sony DVD Architect 5.2 for authoring. I'm matched up the settings in DVD Architect but still get a message the file will have to be recompressed. I'm thinking I'm not exporting a Blu-ray compliant file. Any thoughts?

Jan
    What are your project settings in and out?
    Camera type/format?
    It is most likely a non compliant issue.
    What are the settings you have matched up?
    Try This!..

QUOTE!

"Khoi Pham
    07-22-2010, 12:14 PM
    Yes, print to file, use the blu-ray preset and go into advanced.
    If I do Blu-ray and my clips are 720P, then I use H.264 codec
    1280X720 59.94P
    if less than 2hr. long project then I use max. bitrate at 2280000bps CBR, if longer then I use the calculator to calculate the bitrate and use VBR instead of CBR, the result file is .mts (program stream) but Encore only accept elementary stream so I use tsmuxer to demux the file and the result file is .h264 and .ac3 and Encore will take it just fine.

For DVD if less than 1hr. then I do 875000bps CBR with 448kbps AC3, more than 1 hr. then you need to use calculator and use VBR "
    Last edited by ConHos; 05-12-2011, 10:04 PM. Reason: additional info of interest
    Edius NLE Software = recycled electrons put in order...

Comment

I would export Canopus HQ file take it into Vegas and let Vegas make a DVD Architect Bluray compliant file. That is what I normally do for my HD files.

Ron Evans
      Ron Evans

Threadripper 1920 stock clock 3.7, Gigabyte Designare X399 MB, 32G G.Skill 3200CL14, 500G M.2 NVME OS, 500G EVO 850 temp. 1T EVO 850 render, 6T Source, 2 x 1T NVME, MSI 1080Ti 11G , EVGA 850 G2, LG BLuray Burner, BM IP4K, WIN10 Pro, Shuttle Pro2

ASUS PB328 monitor, BenQ BL2711U 4K preview monitor, EDIUS X, 9.5 WG, Vegas 18, Resolve Studio 18

Cameras: GH5S, GH6, FDR-AX100, FDR-AX53, DJI OSMO Pocket, Atomos Ninja V x 2

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Arden View Post

Jan
        if your preoject setting is 60p, you should be able to export mpeg ES streams that should be accepted without further compression
        http://www.videoproductions.com.au/h...ay-export.html (instead of top field first, choose progressive)
        Anton Strauss
        Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Sorry for my absence on my own thread. A client, who's business is about 30% of our yearly gross came in with a very last minute project. I'm still working on it, but wanted to thank those who have responded and apologize for my absence. I will revisit this project next week and take into account all recommendations and once again verify my settings.

Thank you,
          Jan-Arden

Comment

Working...
          X