X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Nilsen
    • May 2007

?? about Ripple Del & Add Trans

Edius 5.50

I usually have 3 or 4 tracks for video/audio and a couple audio tracks.
    All tracks are in sync. When I need to remove a section, I will Shift C on both sides of the clips. I highlight the selected clips and usually Ripple Delete. Sync mode is on. this will bring all the clips together in all the tracks. Now back in the old days (V3.5) I could just highlight all the clips on both sides of the split, with my left mouse botton (like in any word proces), right click to add a trans to all the highlighted clips. In Edius 5.50, I must click on each clip (while keeping the Ctrl key pressed) to get all the clips to accept the transition. Am I doing something wrong in the highlighting process? Is there a short cut key to Ripple Del the highlighted clips and then add the default trans?
    Note .. I did do a forum search and also looked in the manual. No luck.
    Thanks
    Bob
    AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
    2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.
  • pjsssss
    • May 2007

First of all, upgrade to 5.51.
    Once you use Shift C, use Alt Delete to delete and ripple. Highlight (Lasso) all of the clips where you want the transition to be then drag and drop. It will be applied to all at once.

Comment

• Bob Nilsen
      • May 2007

Originally posted by pjsssss
      First of all, upgrade to 5.51.
      Once you use Shift C, use Alt Delete to delete and ripple. Highlight (Lasso) all of the clips where you want the transition to be then drag and drop. It will be applied to all at once.
      Pat, are you saying that 5.50 can not do the same as 5.51?
      Also, I didn't upgrade to 5.51, because I was concerned their might be a problem when using Procoder 3.5 and or Imaginate 2. I can not remember for sure, but I seem to remember someone having a problem with 5.51 and had to drop back to 5.50 to use, either a function or a program I use, so when I read about it, I was happy I didn't update. But I can not remember what it was now.
      I did update to 5.51 and PC 3.6 not too long ago and ran into the problem PC has with 2-pass, vbr, Master Quality, mpegs.

Does anyone know of a reason why I should not update to 5.51? Will IM-2 and PC 3.5 still work as a plug-in?

Thanks
      Bob

PS.. Off topic. I noticed last night when editing, that when I had a transition on all 5 tracks, my PC shuddered a little at the transition. It played fine other wise. Does this mean I just need a little more CPU power?
      I have a I7 960, 12gigs memory.
      AsRock Z170 Extreme6+, I7-6700K OC to 4.7, MSI GTX 980ti, 32gig of ram, H100i cooler, 1TB WD Black for system. WD Black drives For footage, Sizes changes as needed. 2 WD Gold drives are in a Raid setup, Win-10 Pro 64bit. Edius 7.53
      2 24" HD Samsung monitors and a 43" Sony UHD TV, XBR-43X800D. 2, Panasonic DVX-200 Cameras.

Comment

• pjsssss
        • May 2007

It should act the same. As I recall, that update had some bug fixes and better memory management.
        Yes, the plugins still work.
        AFA playback shuddering, it would depend on your whole system setup, types of files, and length of transitions.

Comment

• Bob Nilsen
          • May 2007

Originally posted by pjsssss
          It should act the same. As I recall, that update had some bug fixes and better memory management.
          Yes, the plugins still work.
          AFA playback shuddering, it would depend on your whole system setup, types of files, and length of transitions.
          Sorry, I forgot to say that the file are AVCHD from Sony. Recorded at 24m/sec.
          The transition were only 1sec and just a simple crossfade, but they were on all the tracks. The crossfades was the only thing that made the system shudder, the clips played fine otherwise. Note AV1 & AV3 had 2D-PIP on the clips. When I start to play the clips, the buffer jumps up to the max very quickly and stays up to the max until it comes to the crossfade. Then the buffer goes down to 0 very quickly and then shudder. I think I need some extra horse power. Right?

Thanks
          Bob

Comment

• pjsssss
            • May 2007

Yes, you need a pretty hefty computer to play 5 streams of native AVCHD

Comment

Working...