Disc Creator (EDIUS 5.5) out of Memory for BD50GB discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Creator (EDIUS 5.5) out of Memory for BD50GB discs

So I've been trying to export my first BD50 disc out of EDIUS (BD/R 50 is selected), and I keep getting an Out of Memory error when I move the window around and upon first launch of disc creator (and disc creator just crashes when I hit burn, after giving me yet another out of memory error). I searched the forum and it seems that it has to do with the chapters (I have 50 markers). Since I am not burning a DVD, I would assume that BD has a higher limitation than this.

There is 5.6GB of free space on the disc left over and hundreds of gigs of space on the editing drives. I'm using 384KB AC3 for audio and 22Mbps for video.

I assume 50GB burning was never tested before being rolled out? The timeline is 3hr50mins and I tried using a 1920x1080i60 OHCI preset and the HDSpark 1080i presets, same thing.

The other alternative is just to use the AVC/H.264 exporter (which is limited to 22.8Mbps) and then demux and author in Encore. For now I'm going to do this. Seems like a waste of time, but I have no choice.

I wanted to streamline the workflow for my editor so it would make it easier as he's not as tech savvy as me, but it seems that the editing world is still full of workarounds :(
    Attached Files

is it compiled already to a BDMV folder? or does it crash before the compile starts? if yes, the temp folder must have 50GB of free space minimum
    Anton Strauss
    Antons Video Productions - Sydney

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Hi Anton,

It gives the auto memory error when I open disc creator. Then, when I get a chance to click ok and continue to te burn button, it just crashes.

The temp folder has 250~gb free and ps drive 150gb.

This only happens on bd50 discs. Bd25 works fine.

I'm able to export via avc preset for blu ray, but then I have to demux that an author in Encore. Takes extra time. All I'm doing is no menus with chapters. Very simple stuff.

I doubt it's the media itself because it errors out without a disc in the drive.

I will post a video capture of what happens.

I assume no one here tried bd50 discs? I might be wrong.

Comment

I have not tried BD50

does it compile to hard disk if you select that you do not wish to burn?

which burner model, edius is fussy with burners and firmware

I always burn anything DEL with ImgBurn because it lets me set a correct layer break at the beginning of a new cell, this will ensure acceptance by replication plants

are you using 5.50 or 5.51?
        Anton Strauss

EDIUS X WG with BM Mini Monitor 4k and BM Mini Recorder, Gigabyte X299 UD4 Pro, Intel Core i9 9960X 16 Core, 32 Threads @ 4.3Ghz, Corsair Water Cooling, Gigabyte RTX-2070 Super 3X 8GB Video Card, Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD for System, 8TB Samsung Raid0 SSD for Video, 2 Pioneer BDR-209 Blu-ray/DVD burners, Hotswap Bay for 3.5" Sata and 2.5" SSD, Phanteks Enthoo Pro XL Tower, Corsair 32GB DDR4 Ram, Win10 Pro 21H2

Comment

Originally posted by antonsvideo View Post
          I have not tried BD50

does it compile to hard disk if you select that you do not wish to burn?

which burner model, edius is fussy with burners and firmware

I always burn anything DEL with ImgBurn because it lets me set a correct layer break at the beginning of a new cell, this will ensure acceptance by replication plants

are you using 5.50 or 5.51?
          I have not tried the "Burn Image" option yet so I can use Nero to burn it, but I assumed I would be able to use Disc Creator without issues since it's fast.

I'm not replicating any of these projects, so not really worried about compatibility issues. I usually give 3 discs per project and the image quality is pretty good with the AVC setting.

I have the pretty old LG GGW-H20L (YL05 firmware, just checked it's the latest) BD burner.

Using EDIUS 5.51

Comment

let me ask to see if there are any known issues
            Anton Strauss

Comment

Thanks Anton

Comment

Any news on this?

P.S. if this is somehow secretly fixed in EDIUS 6, I will upgrade (hopefully HDSpark and NX are already supported by then)
                Last edited by STORMDAVE; 06-01-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Stormdave,

Just read this post and thought I'd give it a try (I'm using 5.51 this end) - Now I don't have a BD50 here to try but everything works ok right through to the burn.
                  I can select BD50 in burn to disc without issue. I have put a BD25 in the drive and when I hit 'Burn' it goes off and does it's thing...(even with a BD25 inserted).... Encodes, Creates menus and then looks to see if there is anything on the media.

I have also tried this with no disc in my drive (I'm running the same LG burner as you although your firmware is out of date as current is YL07).

You say you get your error as soon as you select burn to disc and the interface comes up - Just out of curiosity have you tried going through the process with no disc in the drive? You can still select the 'write' tab in burn to disc and then BD50 in the drop down..... just curious.

Also...... Have you tried shortening the timeline to say an hour and a half or two hours or so - just as a test?

Good luck

Mark
                  Main Editing System: Sinclair ZX81 0.75Mhz chip (Overclocked to 12Ghz), Liquid Nitrogen Cooled. 48k of RAM, Compact Cassette tape drive (9600 baud), 4" B&W monitor. No keyboard - all input by thought transfer from a colander on my head. Gives me 180 layers of 4k in real time (all with 3D PIP added) and can encode and burn a 2 hour Blu Ray in just under 12 seconds. Custom editing chair that floats on magnets 2 feet above the floor. I am also able to travel in time.

Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply.

For some weird reason it started to work ok now, but I don't want to waste a 50GB disc just for the test.

I stopped getting the Out of Memory error after I switched the timeline from the HDSpark preset to an OHCI 1920x1080 59.94i preset, started disc burner again, deleted the sequence from the list and re-added it and then hit Burn (Using create disc image to get the directory) and it went right ahead and made the directory for me.

Thanks for the help! Also I just noticed for some reason my firmware on the BD drive is older (I swear I checked LG's site!) and it showed YL05. Just upgraded to YL07 even though didn't have burning issues with Encore CS5 and a BD50 disc.

Thank you for the help!

Comment

Working...
                    X