Another 4.51c bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 4.51c bug?

Shift-b to add a clip to the bin adds two clips, one for video and one for audio if there is video on A1 and its audio on V1.
    Hedley Wright
    Partner - Brett Vale Studios

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

That sounds correct? Once you split audio and video across two tracks, you're now dealing with a "Group" consisting of two clips - one is video, one is audio. EDIUS only writes back to the Bin what it sees.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_KH View Post
      That sounds correct? Once you split audio and video across two tracks, you're now dealing with a "Group" consisting of two clips - one is video, one is audio. EDIUS only writes back to the Bin what it sees.
      It didn't in 4.12. My preferred way of working, with 4 audio tracks recorded on two cameras, is to put cam 1 video on V1 and split the audio to A1 and A2 as mono tracks. Ditto with cam 2 to V2 and audio to A3 and A4.

When I choose clips for my highlights sequence I scrub the timeline for suitable clips and shift-B after sellecting them to add them to my highlights bin. Prior to the upgrade this never resulted in duplicated clips so something has changed - I call it a bug, you may call it a feature ;)
      Hedley Wright

System: Mac Pro 2 x Quad-Core intel Xeon 6GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB, 2 BenQ FP937s 19" Wide Monitors, 200 Gb Bootcamp Window XP Pro partition, 550Gb OsX Leopard partition, RAID 0 Video drive 2 x 750Gb WD Caviar | Edius 5.11, NX Express

Comment

Originally posted by hedleyw View Post
        When I choose clips for my highlights sequence I scrub the timeline for suitable clips and shift-B after sellecting them to add them to my highlights bin. Prior to the upgrade this never resulted in duplicated clips so something has changed - I call it a bug, you may call it a feature ;)
        Are you sure back in v4.1x you didn't get just a video clip or just the audio clip? That's what should've happened. EDIUS won't "merge" grouped clips into one bin entity.

Comment

Originally posted by GrassValley_BH View Post
          Are you sure back in v4.1x you didn't get just a video clip or just the audio clip? That's what should've happened. EDIUS won't "merge" grouped clips into one bin entity.
          Exactly - in v4.1x I just got the video clip sent to the bin. Now I get both.
          Hedley Wright

Comment

Okay... Well, in that case the new behavior is more in-line with what the intent is supposed to be, as there are multiple clips selected. So this isn't a bug, it's more like a bug fix.

Maybe submit a feature request for separate sub-commands to add video and audio clips to the Bin separately?

Comment

Working...
            X